Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Moving to Oz next week and have nothing bought, looking for shorts and sandals. Not looking for sports shorts but more casual shorts I can wear during the day and that, same with the sandals really, had a quick look in TK Maxx a week or two ago and had no joy

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Moving to Oz next week and have nothing bought, looking for shorts and sandals. Not looking for sports shorts but more casual shorts I can wear during the day and that, same with the sandals really, had a quick look in TK Maxx a week or two ago and had no joy

Try riverdeep

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

Hi, new to Galway forum as only moved here in Sept.

Is there shops in town where I find old Playstation games?

I dont want to buy online. Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Your best options probably are Gamestop, Smyths Toys, and Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Depends on how old you mean. Used PS3 games you'll find in the usual outlets. However, you won't find anything in the way of a decent retro market in Galway I'm afraid. Online is the only convenient way to get anything retro at a fair price these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Your best options probably are Gamestop, Smyths Toys, and Xtravision.
    elfy4eva wrote: »
    Depends on how old you mean. Used PS3 games you'll find in the usual outlets. However, you won't find anything in the way of a decent retro market in Galway I'm afraid. Online is the only convenient way to get anything retro at a fair price these days.

According to this post on the opening/closing business facebook page CEX is due to open in the city soon-ish. They have a retro market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try sportsdirect.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ciara F wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to do work experience in the galway area for lcvp i only need 4 days . where can i do it and will def accept

What kinda experience do you want?
    I have a loverly dog you could walk! :D
    Seriously though, details would be helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Try sportsdirect.ie.

Too late, found none! In Oz, roasting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Any suggestions folks where to buy a replacement Samsung laptop charger?

PC World and Curry's don't seem to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly the place on Eglinton Street above Carbon Nightclub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

that^

or laptech in woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's a computer shop near the top end of Dominick St has a load of boxed chargers for various brands in the window a few weeks back when I passed, don't know the price. Maybe worth checking if you're not sorted yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm looking for a 'good for value' Indian (sit in) in town.

Got a craving for tonight, and tbh always found Indians a rip off. Is there anywhere that offers value in town?

If no joy, i'll head to Kumar's - been there for years (my parents used to go there when they first married!) and is nice and cosy I find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 'good for value' Indian (sit in) in town.

Got a craving for tonight, and tbh always found Indians a rip off. Is there anywhere that offers value in town?

If no joy, i'll head to Kumar's - been there for years (my parents used to go there when they first married!) and is nice and cosy I find

Kashmir is very good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I've always liked Tulsi, and haven't found them to be too harsh on the pocket. Not for the quality anyhow. That, and the serving staff bend over backwards to accommodate you. (oh matron! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've always liked Tulsi, and haven't found them to be too harsh on the pocket. Not for the quality anyhow. That, and the serving staff bend over backwards to accommodate you. (oh matron! :pac:)

Funny you mention that we're going to go to Tulsi because we haven't been there before. Will report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Hey

Looking to get a cake for a party with a personalised message on it. Got a crazy quote, from Griffins, of e70 approx. for cream and fruit cake that would cater between 40 - 50 people.

Any body recommend somewhere cheaper or is this the going rate, seems crazy dear to me!

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

O'Connors on St Francis street do good cheap personalised cakes.

biko wrote: »

Thanks a mill, will look them up and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I second them.Got a personalised cake for less than half the price of other bakeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for someone to install a dishwasher cheap in city centre/eyre square area. Might just need to be hooked up, might need more than that I dont know. Dont want to spend much otherwise Id call conboys etc so just a cheap and cheerful jobby !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used conboys and they were good. This was for a brand new connection.
    Last time I moved everything was ready, I just hooked it up.

Take a look under the sink, maybe you can do it yourself.
    If you need help use this

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I used conboys and they were good. This was for a brand new connection.
    Last time I moved everything was ready, I just hooked it up.

Take a look under the sink, maybe you can do it yourself.
    If you need help use this

Will never use them again, there is an older gentleman who I presume is the owner, he is lovely and a pleasure to deal with. However the middle aged man that I dealt with recently who delivered my washing machine was the most ignorant douche Ive met in years and cost me 2 days of work.

So anyone but Conboys. Ill try go solo I guess,meantime offer still stands !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Hey

Looking to get a cake for a party with a personalised message on it. Got a crazy quote, from Griffins, of e70 approx. for cream and fruit cake that would cater between 40 - 50 people.

Any body recommend somewhere cheaper or is this the going rate, seems crazy dear to me!

Thanks a mill
    I know it's a bit out of the way but the Twelve Bakery in Barna is fantastic, very reasonable and the cakes are to die for!

El_Drago wrote: »
    I second them.Got a personalised cake for less than half the price of other bakeries.

Thanks a mill for all the advice, I am going to go with O'Connors, it's almost a third of the price cheaper than others so happy days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    I'm looking for a replacement cover for an ironing board (it's a large one)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for a replacement cover for an ironing board (it's a large one)
    How large? :P

Argos
    Guineys have them with free delivery
    http://michaelguineys.ie/assorted-ironing-board-covers-6-designs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

snubbleste wrote: »
    How large? :P

Argos
    Guineys have them with free delivery
    http://michaelguineys.ie/assorted-ironing-board-covers-6-designs.html

thanks, will check it out.

120cm long and about 45cm wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Looking for a single cat 5 cable. 5m length would probably be best. That Dealz place at the Galway SC has lots of bits like that, but they are too short.

The 2m one I am using atm is long enough, but I've had to move things around.

Edit: I am looking for a cheap one. Plenty of places selling them I'm sure, but some of them are extortionate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement