Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Looking for a single cat 5 cable. 5m length would probably be best. That Dealz place at the Galway SC has lots of bits like that, but they are too short.

The 2m one I am using atm is long enough, but I've had to move things around.

Edit: I am looking for a cheap one. Plenty of places selling them I'm sure, but some of them are extortionate.

Did you try Maplin out in wellpark.http://www.maplin.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah Maplin is probably a good shout. I had thought they would be extortionate as well...... but a 5m cable is only £2.99 on their website.

Yeah Maplin is probably a good shout. I had thought they would be extortionate as well...... but a 5m cable is only £2.99 on their website.

I know they are expensive but they are handy for small bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Did you try Maplin out in wellpark.
    jjf1974 wrote: »
    I know they are expensive but they are handy for small bits.

Thanks for the advice guys. Probably still going to avoid maplin. Online sterling prices can be very different to brick and mortar stores I've noticed and the Irish seem to be set separately or at least they used to be.

Yes, they are handy for small bits, but they are absolutely extortionate at times. 25 quid for a vga cable when I was stuck for one to get some work done.

Thanks for the advice guys. Probably still going to avoid maplin. Online sterling prices can be very different to brick and mortar stores I've noticed and the Irish seem to be set separately or at least they used to be.

Yes, they are handy for small bits, but they are absolutely extortionate at times. 25 quid for a vga cable when I was stuck for one to get some work done.

you could try one of the electrical wholesale places such as http://curranelec.ie i think they sell that kind of stuff and they are very resonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Looking for a single cat 5 cable. 5m length would probably be best. That Dealz place at the Galway SC has lots of bits like that, but they are too short.

Edit: I am looking for a cheap one. Plenty of places selling them I'm sure, but some of them are extortionate.

did ye try conboy electricals in woodquay> They are usually good value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I need three, CR1616 3V lithium batteries for replacements in game cartridges.

I've checked several DIY spots around the City (Woodies etc.) and their selection of coin batterys has been poor anyone know a place that will defo stock them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

elfy4eva wrote: »

I've checked several DIY spots around the City (Woodies etc.) and their selection of coin batterys has been poor anyone know a place that will defo stock them?

the 2euros shops have them but not sure if they have that particular size

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Try any jewellery shop as many watches use that battery model.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got some spare cat 5 cable , 5-6 m no problem, free if it's any good to you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

If you're looking for small bits then you should stick your head into the computer repair shops around town.

Yer man on the Bohermore entrance to Eyre square has sorted me out for SATA power connectors and other various bits, didn't charge much more than you'd see online.

I'd say he'd have loads of cat5 and vga cable lying around.

Anyone know anywhere in town I could get Audio/Visual cables for the original N64 or even the Nintendo Gamecube, I think they use the same ones. They look like this.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdfBSotI9kccS-oJMYe3_sTnQkBvl-BkL3sGIQufUNBHTdRARPyw

I need to play Zelda or ill die of Nostalgia Withdrawal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ebay is where we had to source ours, timmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I thought I posted this already but it must not have gone through..

I am looking for some clear disposable containers that would hold small personal prawn cocktails (for a cocktail party). Not very big - about half the size of a plastic glass. Also some little disposable forks to eat it with - is there anywhere in Galway that would do disposable individual serving cups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'm looking for an extra long phone line cable.looks like this I had a look on argos to see but I couldnt see any. It's pretty urgent so looking to pick one up today and will only order online as a last resort. Thanks guys

edit: I think maplin have them will try later tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I'm looking for an extra long phone line cable.looks like this I had a look on argos to see but I couldnt see any. It's pretty urgent so looking to pick one up today and will only order online as a last resort. Thanks guys

edit: I think maplin have them will try later tonight

Woodies definitely have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I thought I posted this already but it must not have gone through..

I am looking for some clear disposable containers that would hold small personal prawn cocktails (for a cocktail party). Not very big - about half the size of a plastic glass. Also some little disposable forks to eat it with - is there anywhere in Galway that would do disposable individual serving cups etc.

Try Mr Price for these, I think I saw something like that there. They were quite small, though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

galwayrush wrote: »
    I got some spare cat 5 cable , 5-6 m no problem, free if it's any good to you.

Sending PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody know where I'd get a bag of disposable ear plugs for drowning out sounds of machinery etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Col200sx wrote: »
    Anybody know where I'd get a bag of disposable ear plugs for drowning out sounds of machinery etc?

Boots at a guess

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I'm looking for a heat bulb that will fit in a domestic lamp, ie not industrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Col200sx wrote: »

Maybe Caulfields on the Tuam Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Maybe Caulfields on the Tuam Rd

+1 on Caufields. Hth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Eeden wrote: »
    Try Mr Price for these, I think I saw something like that there. They were quite small, though

Thank you Eeden...will give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dealz
    http://www.dealz.ie/party-and-celebrations/celebrations/table-and-drinkware

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere that does Hermine outfit and Harry Potter wand fir a 7 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

Depends on how old you mean. Used PS3 games you'll find in the usual outlets. However, you won't find anything in the way of a decent retro market in Galway I'm afraid. Online is the only convenient way to get anything retro at a fair price these days.

Thanks for your answer. I was hoping to pick up old ps1 and 2 games in a shop, hate buying online.

Used to get them before in limerick and Dublin no prob, not found any yet in Galway yet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You won't, we in galway are a snobbishly trendy bunch :P Make ps1+2 games cool to buy and four shops will pop up selling them, for 3-6mths.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your answer. I was hoping to pick up old ps1 and 2 games in a shop, hate buying online.

Used to get them before in limerick and Dublin no prob, not found any yet in Galway yet
    think i mentioned it before but CEX are opening justvbeside GBC (which explains why interviews were being held there imo) they have a fantastic preowned market. Not sure how long till they open. Still doing interior work
    You won't, we in galway are a snobbishly trendy bunch :P Make ps1+2 games cool to buy and four shops will pop up selling them, for 3-6mths.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement