Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

CEX looks like it's almost ready to go. Probably by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

CEX looks like it's almost ready to go. Probably by next week.

One of lads on course is leaving to work there. They are opening next Saturday. Tomorrow week.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

Whats CEX?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

That could be what im lookin for. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

There was a request earlier in the thread for liquid smoke, has anyone found it?

Also, can anybody recommend somewhere to buy cheap spices (the traditional western sort, nutmeg, cinnamon etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Also, can anybody recommend somewhere to buy cheap spices (the traditional western sort, nutmeg, cinnamon etc)

try the Asian shop near Aldi in Westside for large packets or Mr. Price next door for smaller amounts. obviously better quality in the former.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

jkforde wrote: »
    try the Asian shop near Aldi in Westside for large packets or Mr. Price next door for smaller amounts. obviously better quality in the former.

Just a tip on the Asian market by Aldi. Don't be shy. Show the guy you're list and let him help you. Their spices are in like three different places. Just ask, they're very friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Have heard the Asian place is quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone know if there is a place were I can get a custom tie clip or lapel pin made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Need to get my boiler serviced in the city. Looking for any recommendations.

zarquon wrote: »
    Need to get my boiler serviced in the city. Looking for any recommendations.

we used this fella last year and he did an efficient job with no faffing around. sound fella to boot
    http://www.oilboilerservicesgalway.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Hi all, any recommendations for good car tyre fitters, need one new tyre!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

kieran farrell tyres: http://www.kieranfarrell.com/

Hi all, any recommendations for good car tyre fitters, need one new tyre!

http://www.cloonbootyres.com
    very sound fella and reasonable prices, though any savings depend on how far you have to travel to him in Clonboo. haven't availed of it but he does a mobile service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 peewee1512

Hey! I am looking for recommendations for a make-up artist in Galway?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

peewee1512 wrote: »
    Hey! I am looking for recommendations for a make-up artist in Galway?

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/audrey.byron.makeup

Ive found her super, used to work in Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Looking for cheap (ish - no miracles expected) sources of Irish honey as a present for someone with allergies (Irish Honey helps them with this). Galway/Wexford wherever honey.
    Dunnes only have one, it's usually about 5.60 for 341g! The guy in the market is sometimes there with Burren honey (which is lovely btw), but the flora there are unusual, so advised better to look for regular honey for this present. It's a present so I could buy a few or a voucher for somewhere that stocks it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

PM Sent peewee12 with recommendations phone number. Very competitive, Leanne Power Make Up Artistry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

So after putting it off for long enough, i'm going to the dentist :(.

I'm looking for a decent dental clinic to attend. I've read some online reviews about the Eyre sq. Dental clinic which were positive. Would this be a good choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

elfy4eva wrote: »

I'm looking for a decent dental clinic to attend. I've read some online reviews about the Eyre sq. Dental clinic which were positive. Would this be a good choice?

I would recommend Dr Catriona Long & Dr Gearoid O Gallachoir in Cross street as excellent dentists, and very nice folks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

Doing a bit of work on the house at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good deal on oak or ash doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Ineedaname wrote: »
    Doing a bit of work on the house at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good deal on oak or ash doors?

Back of the Galway Independent this week had an ad for a huge sale in the Door Depot on the Tuam Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

aw wrote: »
    Back of the Galway Independent this week had an ad for a huge sale in the Door Depot on the Tuam Road.

Thanks I'll give them a try

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

elfy4eva wrote: »

I'm with the eyre sq dental clinic for years and they really are top class. I've paid too much to terrible dentists over the years so I'm very happy with all the work they have done for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

+1 on the Eyre Sq Dental Clinic. Lovely people - very gentle and careful - they do listen and explain what they are doing. I would recommend them any day (and they were recommended to me 3 years ago and I have been going every since).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

AlbionCat wrote: »
    they do listen and explain what they are doing.

Edit: Not suitable for people with a fear of dentists or Dustin Hoffman.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Ficheall wrote: »
    That scene from marathon man has always stayed with me as well, guys in Eyre sq dental trying to undo my years of dental phobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

[/QUOTE]

Really?:rolleyes:
    Poor choice on a thread of people asking for a nice dentist. Some people are actually phobic and this doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

inisboffin wrote: »
    Really?:rolleyes:
    Poor choice on a thread of people asking for a nice dentist. Some people are actually phobic and this doesn't help.

Quoting it won't help either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement