Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I remember watching 'The Dentist' when I was a young fella, and it petrifying the living piss out of me.

A single session with a good and understanding dentist can really go a long way to easing that fear.

I've been going to Andrew Lally down at the docks for years now. He did all my (unfortunately necessary) extractions for when I had to get braces. It's a father/son practice and the two are as nice as bejaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I go to Dr. Paul Moore in the Gate Clinic on the Docks. It's pretty expensive but it's worth it because all the staff are so lovely and understanding. As a child, I had to be knocked out to have simple procedures done as I was so terrified of the dentist and the drills and everything. Had to have pretty major work done recently and had no fear, mainly due to the calmness of the dentist himself.

Was at the hygienist there too - hadn't been in years and didn't get a lecture on eating too much sugar or brushing badly. Just got good advice for going forward. I like that, it's not judgmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Where can I buy bird nuts that are sold loose? (not in bags)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Quoting it won't help either!

Yeah, fair point I suppose. Edited. Was hoping the poster might take it down. I know it was meant as a joke so I didn't report it (Mods saw it anyway) but thought it wasn't a great idea given how sensitive people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Any barbers open on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.galwaysc.com/portfolio/kozzys-barbers/
    Mon-Wed: 9am-7pm, Thur & Fri: 9am-8pm, Sat: 9am-5:30pm, Sun: 11:30am-5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Friend is looking for a ps4. She knows she's left it late but anywhere have them in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Any idea where to get single Christmas window candles , battery or electric

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Any idea where to get single Christmas window candles , battery or electric

Hi there at the top of the forum is a wanted in Galway Christmas specific thread - it's a sticky so you may have missed it.. Could post these too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Friend is looking for a ps4. She knows she's left it late but anywhere have them in stock?

CEX are buying xbox ones and selling them on, 150 euro more expensive though. I am assuming they are doing the same for PS4 if she is willing to pay extra for it. There is also this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057093723

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I am looking for a pub to hold a small group chrismas party that would put out finger food. I don't need to book the pub just reserve a section for about 20 people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody know where i'd pick up in-expensive combats (cargo pants) for work?

Dunnes and Penneys were great for them but neither of them have any now.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I am looking for a pub to hold a small group chrismas party that would put out finger food. I don't need to book the pub just reserve a section for about 20 people

try crowes, we have had alot of functions small and big there

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Massimo's have a nice section up the back that we had a birthday party at recently, the finger food (which is usually the same ol' stodge in most other pubs) was very good indeed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Best butcher for pork neck/shoulder?

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Best butcher for pork neck/shoulder?

Best butcher I usually go to is Frierich's in Newcastle just down from the Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Best butcher I usually go to is Frierich's in Newcastle just down from the Centra

Feerick

Best damn butcher in town, imho. No-nonsense "what do you want", excellent quality at a decent price... exactly how butchers should be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

There's a place beside market that is known for its quality pork. I've never had a chance to actually go in myself but its all they sell. Been recommended to me a few times, I'm just not organised enough to go in.

If you exit market at school end and turn right it is across the road past anthony ryans. I think it's green building but don't know name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 libby32

gufc21 wrote: »
    There's a place beside market that is known for its quality pork. I've never had a chance to actually go in myself but its all they sell. Been recommended to me a few times, I'm just not organised enough to go in.

If you exit market at school end and turn right it is across the road past anthony ryans. I think it's green building but don't know name.

Herterich Butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

CEX opened where the o2 shop was yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's been open since Friday I think. Not been in yet but it seems the main clientele are lads in school uniforms in the evenings, probably due to the second hand video games.
    I saw an iPhone in the window with a price tag of something like €955 the other day. Hope that was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Busker Browne's on Cross Street is another good option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Looking for the best/cheapest place to get a laptop cleaned (fan, heat sink etc). Anyone had it done before? How much does it usually cost on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

CEX opened where the o2 shop was yet?

Yea CEX are open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Fresh olives! Was in a market in Spain and was blown away at how flavourful the olives were. Best I'd tasted in my life. I heard the ones at the market are out of a drum, but then they probably all are? Was looking at a film on the ones at Joyces today and wondering how long they'd been there. The fresh ones from Dunnes and jarred ones just seem tasteless. Who does best in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

newkie wrote: »
    Fresh olives! Was in a market in Spain and was blown away at how flavourful the olives were. Best I'd tasted in my life. I heard the ones at the market are out of a drum, but then they probably all are? Was looking at a film on the ones at Joyces today and wondering how long they'd been there. The fresh ones from Dunnes and jarred ones just seem tasteless. Who does best in Galway?

sheridans or the saturday market

Somewhere to get a decent size boxes of good adhesive plasters/bandages, but not get charged an arm and a leg. The chemists I checked wanted ridiculous amounts for a few of them.

First aid boxes usually have decent ones but there are usually very few of them inside.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

Can anybody tell me what hours the Community Welfare Office down on merchants rd is open?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

• Advertisement

I heard that it is by appointment only now. You have to ring them. Don't have the number.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement