Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Hmm...might just stick to the alcohol so and leave it till tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

toffifee wrote: »
    i got furby for my daughter for xmas it worked all fine until 3 hours ago he stop talking! shes very upset about it and the problem is I cant find a receipt for it, does any of u maby have one -the furby is in diagonal stripes.

Any chance you paid for it with your credit card or laser? Or even a cheque? All those will work as proof of purchase if you need to return it to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any chance you paid for it with your credit card or laser? Or even a cheque? All those will work as proof of purchase if you need to return it to the shop.

You should just be able to bring it in. Your not looking for a refund just an exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toffifee

no paid with cash, will go there tomorrow and see if can exchange. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

gufc21 wrote: »
    You should just be able to bring it in. Your not looking for a refund just an exchange

I take it they don't have to legally?

Till receipts seem to be getting progressively worse. I've even seen the odd one that fades within weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

A dentist that's open...my mother is dying with a lost filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

KingJamsie wrote: »
    A dentist that's open...my mother is dying with a lost filling!

Hope this helps: http://findmeadentist.ie/index.php/areas/galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Need a dentist too. None are bloody open today! Feel like my head may fall off >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Need a dentist too. None are bloody open today! Feel like my head may fall off >.<
    Smiles have an emergency line if it can't wait until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Few drops of clove oil helps with the pain until you make it to a dentists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Contact your GP for pain relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

It might be a bit old school but some white bread soaked in whiskey then stick it to the problem area...works wonders.
    Also solpadine work well for me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Contact your GP for pain relief.

Yep definitely, westdoc can direct you to an on call GP. Google westdoc for the number.

Keep in mind that it's very easy to overdose on over the counter paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Managed to get to city doc today and got some painkillers and antibiotics. Rang smiles soonest they can see me is Thursday, so stuff from doc will have to do till then. Thanks guys! Heard the bread and whiskey works wonders! I'd probably just eat it though hahahaha! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Banneret wrote: »
    I am looking for army gear related stuff, thank you.

Army and Navy store, beside O'Breins newsagent in shop street.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Im looking for a tumble dryer with a built in condenser. Anyone know where is best value for electrical goods or anyone seen any good deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

detoxkid wrote: »
    Im looking for a tumble dryer with a built in condenser. Anyone know where is best value for electrical goods or anyone seen any good deals?

My only advice is to stay clear of a brand of dryer called "white Knight" my neighbour got one, It filled his kitchen with steam every time he used it. a service man came 3 times and failed to fix it. Eventually the shop replaced it with a standard dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose go with a well known name brand and you can't go far wrong.
    The Home Appliances forum will have some good suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

detoxkid wrote: »

If you have no choice but to go for a condenser, fair enough, but if it is at all possible to avoid it, I would advise you do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Looking for a good sports massage in the city centre. Any recommendations please?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

I am looking to buy fava bean , Does anyone know which supermarket/store/etc sell them?.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I am looking to buy fava bean , Does anyone know which supermarket/store/etc sell them?.

Thank You.

Are you also looking for a nice chianti??

My guess would be to try mortons in Salthill or MacCamridges on shop Street for slightly out of the ordinary ingredients but can't say I've ever looked for them

For fava beans, maybe that African shop on Prospect Hill? They have a lot of beans, not sure about fava though.

Thank You.
    Actually, if canned are okay, I was in that Asian shop on Abbeygate st today and they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thank You.

Do you know that Fava beans are simply good old fashioned broad beans?
    Out of season atm but you can buy them frozen and tinned. Imported fresh ones may be available possibly at the bigger supermarkets.

By the way these are fairly easy to grow in Irish conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Anyone know of any decent gym membership deals going?

Short term (3 months) preferably, as I don't want to be tied into anything too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

I'm looking for a bottled lager beer called Mac's Gold. Dunnes in Knocknacarra always had it but not for the last few weeks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I'm looking for a bottled lager beer called Mac's Gold. Dunnes in Knocknacarra always had it but not for the last few weeks.

Thanks

Didn't know that Dunnes had it! :eek:

There'a Daybreak down in Clonmel that has it: https://www.facebook.com/DaybreakClerihan

Back in Galway, the Cottage have it, not sure if they have an offie attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

Anyone know a butcher selling chicken or turkey fillets in bulk like a tray of 20 or so?
    cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Divillys butchers in westside have a pack of 10 for €12. If there is better value in Galway I'd like to know :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement