Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

The Food Centre has tubs of fresh chicken fillets, usually 25 in the tub, for €25. I haven't been to the one in Galway, looking at their website it's on the Tuam Road near AIB but I assume all stores stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Delta_Raven1

cool cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Loughnanes on the headford rd have 10 for €9.99 and the butcher in terryland beside the fruit and veg shop, Mc Haughs I think it's called, have 10 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hi,

I'm looking for a good Dentist in Galway city or county.
    One that gives a damn rather than the majority who overbook their day and do a rushed job.
    I would prefer one that does not use x-rays or mercury amalgam fillings.
    I also suspect some are trigger happy with the fillings - how are we to know ?
    Basically, I'm looking for an honest dentist, a dentist that cares and isn't just in it to make a mint

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Sherifu wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a good Dentist in Galway city or county.
    One that gives a damn rather than the majority who overbook their day and do a rushed job.
    I would prefer one that does not use x-rays or mercury amalgam fillings.
    I also suspect some are trigger happy with the fillings - how are we to know ?
    Basically, I'm looking for an honest dentist, a dentist that cares and isn't just in it to make a mint

Thanks

Dr McGee on merchants road. I cannot recommend this guy highly enough. He's definitely not staring into your mouth wondering if he can fund a new car out of ya. I have personally found him extremely kind,hes gone out of his way to make things as financially easy on me as possible,hes a true gent and he's also extremely gentle. He uses the white fillings too. He's one of those dentists who sees himself as an essential healthcare worker not someone who drills for money in peoples mouths.
    Unit 2 Lawrence House, Merchants Road, Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Second third and fourth dentist in merchants road.... He has a manner I have never ever come across almost hypnotises you by his impeccable manner.... Best dentist I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

ryan91 wrote: »
    Anyone know a butcher selling chicken or turkey fillets in bulk like a tray of 20 or so?
    cheers guys

Joyce's always has german chicken fillets for €10 and sometimes local for the same. I like to get the local fresh but the packaging is basically a foil tray with cling film which always gets punctured so bring a spare plastic bag.

Also, ALDI is great for frozen chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know a good place to get an electric blanket?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Bit of a random question but I am looking to buy a draught stopper for the bottom of a door but have no idea where to buy one in the City? I have vague a memory of seeing them when I wasn't looking but can't for the life of me remember where that was?

Please help!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭paconnors

Woodies Diy Headford Rd, or B & Q Knocknacarra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Brooks
    Chadwicks
    McDonaghs
    O higgins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I spotted a pile of them in Dunnes Eyre Square in the homeware section yesterday.

€8 each they were so pretty cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Penneys had some recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

You'll be getting the advertiser (and possibly galway independent) through the door later in the week. Bonus points for being free and delivered.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Anyone know where I can get skin art quality henna and indigo powder in Galway? Are there any Indian shops? The hanna hair dye in Evergreens and the like is poor so I'm looking for the good shtuff :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Duggans Spar on Renmore Road had an offer up today for 5 chicken fillets for 5 euro. If anyone's still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Anybody know anywhere I could get hold of the docking cradle for an old Sony walkman NW HD3? One disappeared on me last week and I can't recharge the walkman without it.
    I think an NW HD5 one would also fit.
    It's a small gadget made of plastic and metal that is about 3cm by 5cm with holes for connections for a power cable attachment, a usb connection and the connection to the bottom of the player which is the type of fitting also used on cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Anyone know of somewhere I could get a card thermometer in Galway?

To test the heat in rooms in the house.

Akin to this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energy-Saving-Room-Thermometer-White/dp/B001R4XE1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389148250&sr=8-1&keywords=card+thermometer

The Amazon postage is £8....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I checked on ebay and they too try to pull a fast one with high shipping cost.

Maybe the usual suspects B&Q, Woodies and McDonoghs? Or at least something similar.

Adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Thermometer/county-Galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Narrator,

Maybe check with MotherCare or something like that - or if you have accointances with babies, check with them: GroBags (and some other brands too I think) come with such card thermomether as a "bonus". Actually I might have one unused one somewhere, I can check if you want... That's really not worth paying much postage for! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can buy smoothie tumblers ( I think thats the right name for them )
    Just the cups they put smoothies into

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly DEALZ. They seem to have lots of that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Akin to this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energy-Saving-Room-Thermometer-White/dp/B001R4XE1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389148250&sr=8-1&keywords=card+thermometer

You could use Parcel Motel (http://www.parcelmotel.com/) to get it delivered at the UK price (£1.29). They have a good few locations in Galway that you'd be able to pick it up from and if you've never used them before you won't have to pay anything for your first two "stays"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

picked up a couple of cheap thermometers in the 2 Euro shop a while back, work grand for the same purpose

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

deliege wrote: »
    Narrator,

Maybe check with MotherCare or something like that - or if you have accointances with babies, check with them: GroBags (and some other brands too I think) come with such card thermomether as a "bonus". Actually I might have one unused one somewhere, I can check if you want... That's really not worth paying much postage for! ;)

Thanks for the offer, but I should be able to get one, just didn't know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Homebrewwest down in Liosban do something similar for sticking on fermenting barells.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

b.gud wrote: »
    and if you've never used them before you won't have to pay anything for your first two "stays"

Not true anymore: now they offer a free gift, rather than two free stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Cheapest place to buy an Asus laptop charger? For the standard big laptops about 3 years old. Place I went into yesterday had one on *sale* for 56euro much steeper than I expected or can afford any time soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

arf91 wrote: »
    Cheapest place to buy an Asus laptop charger? For the standard big laptops about 3 years old. Place I went into yesterday had one on *sale* for 56euro much steeper than I expected or can afford any time soon!

Try Laptech in Woodquay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Try Laptek (Eyre Street, couple of doors up from McSwiggans). I had to buy a laptop charger there in the last few months and I got one there for almost half the price I was expecting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement