Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Anyone know where i could pick up an A4 sized poster of mr T?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone know where i could pick up an A4 sized poster of mr T?

I really hope someone has an answer for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I'm thinking print something yourself off the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can bring in a high quality photo to most print shops and get any size you like in colour etc
    A4? That's just normal paper size.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

biko wrote: »
    You can bring in a high quality photo to most print shops and get any size you like in colour etc
    A4? That's just normal paper size.

Cheers I didn't think of that seems like the best plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Cheers I didn't think of that seems like the best plan

You're not gonna tell us why, are you... *sigh*

Eeden wrote: »
    You're not gonna tell us why, are you... *sigh*

A young Family member wants a poster but his mum wont let hom have A3 posters so I'm getting around that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Cantec on Merchants Rd will do that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Anyone know of or could recommend somewhere in town that do circuit classes at the weekend?

Checked a load websites there but couldn't find any

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

A French Flag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

They sell French flags in Corbettcourt on ground floor, I think. There's a stall on left hand side as you go in from Elverys side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Where would I get a solid cheap bicycle in town? Im literally looking for something to go from point a to point b without killing me. A rear mudguard is a must as Im tired of getting my ass wet cycling to town -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Where would I get a solid cheap bicycle in town? Im literally looking for something to go from point a to point b without killing me. A rear mudguard is a must as Im tired of getting my ass wet cycling to town -_-

http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/cheap-bicycles/3630698

*I'm not affiliated in any way - any had no idea on quality etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anybody seen any cheap deals on CFL lightbulbs, standard bayonet,low wattage anywhere recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Hi. Looking for charger for Tesco bought Portable DVD player.
    Manufactured under licence by Dolby. T9PDVD112

Lost mine, could buy whole new unit, but prefer find cheap charger.

Tried a good electrical shop and but both there universal chargers didn't have fitting that worked.

DC in 9-12v approx 2.5mm wide i.e. small hole with single pole in center.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Don't know if this has the connector you need, but i've used a similar one from Argos in the past with success:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9829701/Trail/searchtext%3EVOLTAGE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Beeswax candles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

kal7 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for charger for Tesco bought Portable DVD player.
    Manufactured under licence by Dolby. T9PDVD112

Lost mine, could buy whole new unit, but prefer find cheap charger.

Tried a good electrical shop and but both there universal chargers didn't have fitting that worked.

DC in 9-12v approx 2.5mm wide i.e. small hole with single pole in center.

Thanks

You can get generic chargers in maplin wellpark with a multitude of connectors. I've got one and it works on a variety of products. Think it was around €12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

arf91 wrote: »
    Beeswax candles?

Saw these in Evergreen on Shop st recently

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »

Not available in either Galway store. Shame on you Woodies!

Anybody else seen CFLs cheaper than 3.99 or so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

anyone know of any good companys that provide driving lessons in city centre and can collect me at my hse ion college road.

who have people gone to and been scessful - also what deals have people got.

i dont want to just google it, i prefer people that have actually used these companies and let me know how they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Not available in either Galway store. Shame on you Woodies!

Anybody else seen CFLs cheaper than 3.99 or so ?

I have found in the past that you get what you pay for with light bulbs.Cheap CFL bulbs take a long time to brighten up and don't last very long.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    I have found in the past that you get what you pay for with light bulbs.Cheap CFL bulbs take a long time to brighten up and don't last very long.

Well the one I thought was gone a few days back started working again, after I'd gone to Woodies the first time. It cost me 99c a couple of years ago. Startup time is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Looking for Good-quality, Decent, Reasonably-Priced Carwash in Galway City or else Oranmore area. Suggestions welcome please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Looking for Good-quality, Decent, Reasonably-Priced Carwash in Galway City or else Oranmore area. Suggestions welcome please. :)

Theres one in the industrial units on the oranmore side of the M6 exit to oranmore. Its on the left hand side just past the weighbridge as you head towards oranmore. was 5 euro last time I went and he did a great job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi, can anyone recommend a career guidance counsellor type in the city?.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

liam12989 wrote: »
    anyone know of any good companys that provide driving lessons in city centre and can collect me at my hse ion college road.

who have people gone to and been scessful - also what deals have people got.

i dont want to just google it, i prefer people that have actually used these companies and let me know how they did.

Marks Learners are great and he has a very high pass rate. Really nice guy. I don't know if I can post up phone numbers but if you PM me I could pass it on. Or you could find him through google.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anybody know somewhere in Galway that sells Baklava (Turkish pastry)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Are any of the phone repair shops in the city accredited for samsung warranty repairs like fonemenders/fonefix etc? It something id prefer to get sort if possible by dropping in not couriering to the other side of the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement