Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Hi, can anyone recommend a career guidance counsellor type in the city?.

I live in the city but got a lift out to this one I think in Loughrea, you pay 100e but she's unreal, you get a full written report back and can email with any questions after. Pm if you want her details she's worth consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    My wife is looking for a wedding keepsake box.
    Besides M&S anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly TKMaxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    My wife is looking for a wedding keepsake box.
    Besides M&S anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Maybe Barna Gifts on Mainguard St. might have something that would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Kilkenny and meadows and byrne might be worth a look too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Possibly TKMaxx?

I'd second that and used one recently to really class up a gift. They have a decent selection of various printed boxes in various sizes and styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I saw some boxes like those in Dunnes (Westside) last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meow774

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    I think there was talk of one of these type of threads a while back and since i'm looking for something i though i'd start it.

I'm looking to get small paper cups in gawlay city. small dixie cups like these ones for making jelly shots
    RPEGG.jpg

Anyone have an idea where i can get them before saturday?

Hi there My friend got them recently from Pallas Foods as he works in a hotel but if you know someone that works in the catering industry in Galway get them to order for you from their suppliers and you will get them at cost price maybe hope this helps !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That post is from 2011 (this is a really long thread) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

In a bit of a pickle here hope someobody might be able to guide me in the right direction....

Looking for a place to recover kitchen table chairs in the galway city area

Can anybody recommend anywhere

thanks

• Advertisement

Jerry Merrigan, U10 Sandy Road Industrial Estate, can probably help.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Anyone know if there are any (good) all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurants around galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

united2k11 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any (good) all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurants around galway city?

Two terms that dont usually go together but theres one out in the Galway Shopping Centre where Kates Bar/The Roundabout was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I am looking for a Naked Apron.

Like a joke apron with a naked person, neck to kness, male or female, on it. I think the joke shop is closed.

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Two terms that dont usually go together but theres one out in the Galway Shopping Centre where Kates Bar/The Roundabout was.

haha i know they usually don't go together, but i was trying to push my luck and hope that someone knew one!
    Might starve myself some day and visit there and see what it's like :rolleyes: thanks!

The Chinese buffet is called Bodkin Point

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anybody know of a good dentist that's open late on Friday evenings? Late being after 6. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Anybody know of a good dentist that's open late on Friday evenings? Late being after 6. Thanks.

Try Smiles on Middle street open until 8
    http://www.smiles.ie/clinic/dentist-in-galway/

b.gud wrote: »
    Try Smiles on Middle street open until 8
    http://www.smiles.ie/clinic/dentist-in-galway/

Have you been there? Any good?

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Thanks for the reply.

Ya I've been there a few times and found them to be fine.

The only one thing I found was that guy I had the first few times was great, but the last time I was there my guy was off and I found the person* I had wasn't quite as gentle.

*I can't remember the name of either the one I went to the first few times or the one I went to last time so sorry I can't give you a name to request/avoid

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Thanks for the reply.

Don't take their final opinion on anything if it's a big job.

Went to them as they were open on a Saturday and they assured me a tooth needed a root canal. Went to my regular dentist the following week and it was actually the tooth beside it that was causing the issue!

Just be aware, I'm sure they are fine for fillings and cleanings.

Don't take their final opinion on anything if it's a big job.

Went to them as they were open on a Saturday and they assured me a tooth needed a root canal. Went to my regular dentist the following week and it was actually the tooth beside it that was causing the issue!

Just be aware, I'm sure they are fine for fillings and cleanings.

Thanks for the reply. I think any replies like this mean its a good idea to wait a while and get the work done by a dentist I really trust.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hi there,

Getting married in a couple of weeks and we're looking for somewhere we can buy rose petals in bulk in Galway, does anyone know of a place?

Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FocusFord

Hi, is there any shops in galway where I can buy Mae Ploy green curry paste ?

If not, whats the cheapest website to buy this from taking into account shipping etc. ?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Oh yeah, you can pick that up quite easily in just about any of the asian food shops. There's one near "candyland" and "kem bali" on abbeygate street that most definitely stocks it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FocusFord

Thanks, I went on google street view and I think I can see it in the window of eurasian foods shop on market street :D... on the corner.

My company is looking for someone to install one-way privacy film on a few windows. I've called around glass and sign companies and few seem willing to do this job. Does anyone know of a place that does this type of install?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

newkie wrote: »
    My company is looking for someone to install one-way privacy film on a few windows. I've called around glass and sign companies and few seem willing to do this job. Does anyone know of a place that does this type of install?

I have no idea but maybe try ringing someone who does car window tinting. You used to see cars with these ridiculous tints so maybe they could do it

• Advertisement

I have no idea but maybe try ringing someone who does car window tinting. You used to see cars with these ridiculous tints so maybe they could do it

Yeah, i tried glass & glazing companies and that was barking up the wrong tree. Sign and car window tinting seem to be the right people to try. I did find autolux.ie and they're coming out for an estimate next week. They sounded really confident about the job, hope the price is reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement