Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its that big I'd suggest steel instead of aluminium, but I don't know where to get that either; try GoldenPages etc under steel suppliers or similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there is a fabracators shop on that road beside galway bay fm at the end of bohermore, they could make you one to spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

thebionn wrote: »
    Hello all. I am looking to buy a painting for my wife's birthday - preferably a Galway painting. I'm thinking something possibly cheesy like sunset down by the Cladagh with swans kind of thing. Where would be the best places to look for one? Thanks.

A painting or a picture? I know you say painting, but sometimes people don't necessarily distinguish between the two.

Anyhow, the reason I blabber on is that there are a lot of very talented photographers that post here who may have a perfect picture for you... throw them a few quid for the picture, then go get it printed yourself.... everyone wins; you get your picture, the photographer gets some beer money, and the tax-man gets nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Hi guys,

Im looking for a place that might supply checkered alluminium for a man hole cover. Basically looking for a sheet 43" square to cover a hole at the side of my house where the water pump is.
    B&Q sell small sections of aluminium plate but it might not be big enough for what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Alu chequered plate would be to thin. Galvanised steel would be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Alu chequered plate would be to thin. Galvanised steel would be better

I agree, especially as the alu would probably be too thin.
    Where would I get it in Galway though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I agree, especially as the alu would probably be too thin.
    Where would I get it in Galway though?
    Seaneh wrote: »
    there is a fabracators shop on that road beside galway bay fm at the end of bohermore, they could make you one to spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Does anyone know if these are sold in the city centre?

http://www.hiwtc.com/products/beanie-pillow-cushion-196899-9358.htm

Left mine back home and I can't sleep without it. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

MissMoppet wrote: »

Hi OP, I'm pretty sure they sell them on a stall upstairs in the eyre square centre across from Penny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone know where can get alot for cheap or if anyone has some knocking about? need quiet a bit of it for packing up alot of delph and breakables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

We buy ours in bulk from Western Plastics in Ballybrit. It's around €65-€70 for 5 large, easy to tear, rolls with small bubbles. I think that they also do large bubble, but small is easier to pack with.

Kelly Office Supplies and Viking also do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

MissMoppet wrote: »

I have a pillow like that, but the shop I bought it in closed down. AFAIK there's no where in town selling beanie pillows now

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey guys apologies if this has been asked in here already but i'm looking for a music shop. A musical instrument shop to be specific. I'm heading into town tomorrow and need to get a mike stand, plus some guitar strings, things like that. Is there a good one central? I don't have a car.
    Also while i'm here where is the nearest big supermarket (Tesco's?) from Eyre square. Is there one in that shopping centre on the Supermac's side? I'm sure there would be? Sorry I just moved here so don't know anywhere :)

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Flynn wrote: »
    Hey guys apologies if this has been asked in here already but i'm looking for a music shop. A musical instrument shop to be specific. I'm heading into town tomorrow and need to get a mike stand, plus some guitar strings, things like that. Is there a good one central? I don't have a car.
    Also while i'm here where is the nearest big supermarket (Tesco's?) from Eyre square. Is there one in that shopping centre on the Supermac's side? I'm sure there would be? Sorry I just moved here so don't know anywhere :)

Nice one!

There's a shop located on Upper Abbeygates street close to Sally Longs pub and there's one in the Corn Store @ Lower Cross st.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

There is a duness in the corbett court shopping center and in terryland. Tesco is in headford road shopping center.
    Mucic shop I'm unsure off, I know Powells I think that's correct name do music instruments. There on shop street.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

well yea, title says it all :rolleyes:

Floor tiles for kitchen/hallway/bathroom and also some wall tiles for kitchen needed. I've googled and Rocca Tiles seem alright, anybody got any other suggestions for somewhere in Galway City (or even Loughrea/Oranmore)?? really not fussy there are just too many places and colours and everything...
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

da_shivsta wrote: »
    well yea, title says it all :rolleyes:

Floor tiles for kitchen/hallway/bathroom and also some wall tiles for kitchen needed. I've googled and Rocca Tiles seem alright, anybody got any other suggestions for somewhere in Galway City (or even Loughrea/Oranmore)?? really not fussy there are just too many places and colours and everything...
    :confused:
    Newline tiles in tuam, Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

i'll give them a look, thanks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Thanks. Ended up going to the one in Corn Store. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Try Rocca on tuam rd.Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

http://www.budgetpricetiles.ie

its cheap but you also get good advice and there very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Can anyone recommend a place that does a descent poached egg/egg benedict breakfast? Jalapenos was/is good but i think its closed for renovations atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lacha

That Spanish place at Spanish Arch does poached egg with spinach. Two of my friends had it yesterday and it looked good. I didn't taste it but they didn't look like they were complaining. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Lacha wrote: »
    That Spanish place at Spanish Arch does poached egg with spinach. Two of my friends had it yesterday and it looked good. I didn't taste it but they didn't look like they were complaining. :-)

Cool ill have a look.

Anyone else know anywhere i can add as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking for CHEAP minibus hire in Galway! Anyone know cheeeeap company ? wanna hire for like 6 hours ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

-Vega- wrote: »
    Looking for CHEAP minibus hire in Galway! Anyone know cheeeeap company ? wanna hire for like 6 hours ish

For how many people?

Weekend or night/daytime?

Destination?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement