Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed in Limerick

• 20-09-2011 11:21am

Bad times!!!

I have been sent to Limerick for my job and I am staying in the Strand Hotel.

I thought it would be a good idea to bring the Xbox as I left most my cash at home to try and stop me going out.

But.......................

I forgot to include the lead that connects the Xbox to the telly. I have a HDMI lead but the telly just has SCART.

Is there anyone in Limerick that can help with a loan, or even point me in the right direction as to where I can pick up a cheap one in Limerick?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A lot of times in hotels they dont let you hook up external peripherals to their telly in any case. Happened me before with HDMI connections and VGA connections. There is just no functionality available to allow you to switch inputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

gAMESTOP in the town centre.

Game is there too

Harvay norman in the eastpark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

ah nuts, only seeing this now! If you'd posted in the Limerick City forum i would have caught it sooner... :(

anyway, i have the SCART cable you need, never used it since i have my Elite hooked up to my tv via HDMI, also i have a harmony 525 universal remote which you could use once i know the model of the tv, i can add it as a device on the remote, hopefully effectively bypassing the "hotel mode" dr. bolloko mentioned.

if you want to get on XBL you're going to need a 50ft ethernet cable, and, yep, you guessed it- i have that handy too.

by all means feel free to send me a PM and i'll drop them down to you... ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I am going buying that remote :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

I am going buying that remote :D

i can't abide by hotel tv myself so i picked up one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sling-Media-SB200-110-Slingbox-Pro/dp/B000W49MPI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1316541916&sr=8-3

its called a slingbox, basically what it does is when its hooked up to my sky tv box, i can watch and control my sky box the very same as if i was sitting in front of it, over an internet connection. so it doesnt matter if im in Dublin or Dubai, i still get to watch my programs on my planner! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement