Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implantation bleeding??

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

Im new here so you may bear with me! I got married a few months ago and my new husband and I decided I would come off the pill and let nature take its course-not try as such but not prevent pregnancy either. I came off the pill and had my withdrawal bleed after a day or two, then I had a 30 day cycle until my first 'real' period. As I have been on the pill for 10 years I dont know what my typical cycle will be, but i am now on day 27 of my next cycle and since sunday i've been seeing brown spotting, not enough for a tampon or a pad-just a panty liner. (Sorry if this is too much information!)This morning i thought i was getting my period as there was a little more of this brown blood when i wiped-even though it didnt really look like a period but then it stopped again....my question is could this be implantation bleeding? If so...how long do i wait to do a test? I didnt think i'd get pregnant this quick after being on the pill so long but if I am then i'd be delighted!

I dont have any other symptoms really-except I have been feeling a little light headed!

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You could test now, but it might still be negative even though you could be pregnant, wait a week or so to let the HCG (if there is any) hormone to build up and then test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I could be wrong but it's my understanding that implant bleeding is pink or red.
    However it is def possible to conceive so soon. I came off pill aug 2010, had normal withdrawal bleed, one proper period and was pregnant month after 1st proper period.
    Best of luck, hope it's good news for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irishgal2012

Thanks for your replies ladies! Apparently implant bleeding can be brown/pink or red. I think ill leave it til the weekend and if theres still no sign of my period ill test then! I wont lose hope if not though, its very early days and like i said, i never expected to get pregnant this quick anyway-it would just be a bonus if i did! Do you mind me asking how long you were on the pill for? Its great to hear stories of people who became pregnant so quick, i've read some horror stories of people not ovulating for ages after coming off it! I can only assume i've been ovulating as I got that last period and ive noticed changes in my discharge-which my doc said is a good sign that im ovulating again!:D

Thanks for your replies ladies! Apparently implant bleeding can be brown/pink or red. I think ill leave it til the weekend and if theres still no sign of my period ill test then! I wont lose hope if not though, its very early days and like i said, i never expected to get pregnant this quick anyway-it would just be a bonus if i did! Do you mind me asking how long you were on the pill for? Its great to hear stories of people who became pregnant so quick, i've read some horror stories of people not ovulating for ages after coming off it! I can only assume i've been ovulating as I got that last period and ive noticed changes in my discharge-which my doc said is a good sign that im ovulating again!:D

Years! Ten or more at least so I didn't have any issues at all!
    It's so exciting a time! Highly recc the clearblue digital tests too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I had an implantation bleed which I didn't realise at the time (I wasn't trying to have a baby) and it was brownish blood which lasted about 3 days and went. I remember thinking I was just having a strange period.
    However now when I am getting my period I have a light bleed a day or two before I'm due, just brown blood and my period comes in full force a day or two later.
    No use at all there I'm afraid! In my opinion it could be an implantation bleed or the beginning of your regular period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sounds like could be implantation bleeding, let us know how you get on with a preg test :D

I'm not much help as never been preg (TTC at moment) but I was on pill guts of 10 years - strong ones too - Yasmin & Dianette. Like one of the posters above I came off it, had a withdrawal bleed, then after a 31 day cycle had my first real period.

On day 32 & no sign of period yet, did preg test this morning but it was negative. I'm hoping I get period soon as I don't want to have a really long cycle!

Good luck if you don't get period & decide to test.

Thanks for all your comments! Good luck to you too Mink, hope you are either pregnant or else get your period soon! Maybe you are pregnant but the hormones just arent strong enough for the pregnancy test to pick up on it yet? I was on Yasmin so expected the worst when coming off it but so far so good!

Sittingpretty, its so good to hear of someone who was on the pill for as long as me and still conceived so quickly! Ive been debating coming off the pill the past few years cos i was afraid of what it might do to my fertility but i wasnt ready for a baby then and my doc assured me it wouldnt affect my fertility-but theres always that doubt! But hearing your story has given me more hope!! :)

Maybe I am just coming on my period, just never had this brownish bleeding before-and it seems to be there only in the morning as its completely gone now and was the same yesterday! Only time will tell I guess!

Ive just noticed im running to pass water much more frequently the last few days too-but then maybe its all in my head! My mind could be playing tricks on me because i think i might be pregnant! ;)

I will keep you posted of any developments, hopefully ill be logging on early next week with news of a baby on the way! If it is good news ill be trying to keep it quiet from family and friends for a while so will need some outlet for my excitement-this forum could be great for that! And if its not good news it wont be the end of the world-there is always next month!! :D

Thanks for all your comments! Good luck to you too Mink, hope you are either pregnant or else get your period soon! Maybe you are pregnant but the hormones just arent strong enough for the pregnancy test to pick up on it yet? I was on Yasmin so expected the worst when coming off it but so far so good!

Sittingpretty, its so good to hear of someone who was on the pill for as long as me and still conceived so quickly! Ive been debating coming off the pill the past few years cos i was afraid of what it might do to my fertility but i wasnt ready for a baby then and my doc assured me it wouldnt affect my fertility-but theres always that doubt! But hearing your story has given me more hope!! :)

Maybe I am just coming on my period, just never had this brownish bleeding before-and it seems to be there only in the morning as its completely gone now and was the same yesterday! Only time will tell I guess!

Ive just noticed im running to pass water much more frequently the last few days too-but then maybe its all in my head! My mind could be playing tricks on me because i think i might be pregnant! ;)

I will keep you posted of any developments, hopefully ill be logging on early next week with news of a baby on the way! If it is good news ill be trying to keep it quiet from family and friends for a while so will need some outlet for my excitement-this forum could be great for that! And if its not good news it wont be the end of the world-there is always next month!! :D

Aw fingers crossed for you! I always had very regular periods before pill also but still was surprised when my body went back to normal so quickly!

Also I waited till day after period was due to test, I don't recall having any symptoms per sey but I just knew something felt different!

Best of luck!

Aw fingers crossed for you! I always had very regular periods before pill also but still was surprised when my body went back to normal so quickly!

Also I waited till day after period was due to test, I don't recall having any symptoms per sey but I just knew something felt different!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

my question is could this be implantation bleeding? If so...how long do i wait to do a test?

I implanted on day 7 but didn't test positive until day 13 (day 10 and 11 were both negative) so possibly another week before you'd see a positive result as the HCG hormone which triggers a positive test isn't released until the embryo implants and then the levels of HCG have to reach high enough levels for a pregnancy test to pick up. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone, just to update, i wasn't pregnant this month! My period came this morning with a vengeance!! Don't what that brown discharge/blood was now but not to worry, there's always next month!! At least my cycle seems to be pretty regular again which is great!! :)

Thanks for all your messages and good luck to you all who are TTC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hey everyone, just to update, i wasn't pregnant this month! My period came this morning with a vengeance!! Don't what that brown discharge/blood was now but not to worry, there's always next month!! At least my cycle seems to be pretty regular again which is great!! :)

Thanks for all your messages and good luck to you all who are TTC!

Hey irishgal. Sorry to hear that but yeah at least you got a period so you start a new cycle. Join in on the TTC thread at top of this forum, there's a few people on there.

I'm on day 34 still waiting for AF. If no sign of AF by say Sunday or Monday I'll try test again but looking doubtful.

Mink wrote: »
    Hey irishgal. Sorry to hear that but yeah at least you got a period so you start a new cycle. Join in on the TTC thread at top of this forum, there's a few people on there.

I'm on day 34 still waiting for AF. If no sign of AF by say Sunday or Monday I'll try test again but looking doubtful.

Thanks Mink! All the best with TTC, hope its good news for you!! :D

Advertisement