Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled phone line 11 months ago, still being billed.

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I cancelled a phone line by writing to Eircom on 1-10-2010. I wrote to
    Eircom Ltd,
    1, Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8.
    I have just discovered that I am still being billed, 11 months later. Can you help please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ken90 wrote: »
    I cancelled a phone line by writing to Eircom on 1-10-2010. I wrote to
    Eircom Ltd,
    1, Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8.
    I have just discovered that I am still being billed, 11 months later. Can you help please.

Hi ken90,

Can you private message mw with the eircom account number on the bills and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Hi Mark,
    I pmmed you over the cancellation letter on Wed. afternoon, did you get it.

Regards,

Ken90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Mark,
    I pmmed you over the cancellation letter on Wed. afternoon, did you get it.

Regards,

Ken90

Hi Ken
    I can see that Mark requested you e-mail this cancellation letter to him, but do not see any mail from you. Can you mail this to me again?
    Tony

For the record, this is Eircom's reply

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eircom: Mark
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ken90
    Hi Mark,

*********, a/c ******.

Regards,

Ken

"Hi Ken,

Thanks for sending on the details.

The address you supplied is not the correct address to send a writtin request to cancel The account? We do not have a record of any calls into the business service center over the last year querying as to why you were still being charged?

Do you have a copy of the cancellation letter or do you remeber the date that you sent the letter?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Ken,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I sent on your request to managers in cancellations. They re-checked and they could not match the letter with any previous requests.

Since the new process cancellation are stating that customers are sending letters with the dates amended and no record so I am not stating that that referes to you in any way.

However it means that if we do not have a record on file of an e-mail or letter we can only process the cancellation 30 days from when the customer re-send the written cancellation request.

In you case we can only process the cancellation 30 days after the 20/09/11.

I am sorry I could not get back to you with a more positive outcome.

Thanks, Mark "

Mark,
    I now have a bill dated 3rd. October, for line rental charges for billing period 1st Oct to 31st. October.
    You told me that service would cease 30 days from 20th. Sept. 2011.

Are you now going to tell me that Eircom have no record of our correspondence on Boards.ie ?
    And that therefore you are going to continue to charge me?

BTW, can you explain the entire lack of call traffic on this line, if I had not cancelled it on 1st. October 2010?

Ken90

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mark,
    I now have a bill dated 3rd. October, for line rental charges for billing period 1st Oct to 31st. October.
    You told me that service would cease 30 days from 20th. Sept. 2011.

Are you now going to tell me that Eircom have no record of our correspondence on Boards.ie ?
    And that therefore you are going to continue to charge me?

BTW, can you explain the entire lack of call traffic on this line, if I had not cancelled it on 1st. October 2010?

Ken90

Hi ken,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement