Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Classes

• 20-09-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know of some free classes running throughout the year? I seem to remember there was an ECDL course running last year. I have a bit of free time in between classes so I'd like to fill it! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

ECDL is free online but €200 to do the tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What is this about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

closeline wrote: »
    What is this about??

Not much it looks like. I'm only doing 1 class this term and 2 classes next term. I was looking to expand my skill set with my spare time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What is ECDL?

ECDL

It's a computer literacy cert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

If there are any free classes/uni wide modules on they normally send out an email about them. But I haven't seen anything so far - maybe in a couple of weeks we might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

I'm having a bit of trouble enrolling for ECDL through blackboard, does it take awhile for it to get up and running or am I just not allowed do it for some strange reason? Anyone else having difficulty enrolling?

I'm having a bit of trouble enrolling for ECDL through blackboard, does it take awhile for it to get up and running or am I just not allowed do it for some strange reason? Anyone else having difficulty enrolling?

You don't click ECDL, you click below it( I think) and it says enrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

yenom wrote: »
    You don't click ECDL, you click below it( I think) and it says enrol.

I tried this and got "access denied" It suggested I wasn't logged in or didn't have authority to access it... I was defo logged in so does anyone know what the problem is?:confused:

TG1 wrote: »
    I tried this and got "access denied" It suggested I wasn't logged in or didn't have authority to access it... I was defo logged in so does anyone know what the problem is?:confused:

Go up to the 4th floor of the Kane and they'll sort it.

• Advertisement

Well, so far I've enrolled myself for ECDL material from Blackboard, though its €95 to do the exams.

Today I signed up for a 15 week spoken Irish course. It was €40 but its refunded at the end of the course if I have an 80% or higher attendance record. I think the closing date was today but it sounds like the lovely people in G.02 ORB will accept more tomorrow.

If I find more I'll post and I'd welcome anybody else's input!

Advertisement