Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car parking at NCI

• 20-09-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Anyone parking in the NCI car park? Does it close up altogether at 10.30pm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

clubcrown wrote: »
    Anyone parking in the NCI car park? Does it close up altogether at 10.30pm?
    its open a bit later to allow u to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

its open a bit later to allow u to get out

Cheers. My next available train gets me home after midnight, so driving is a better option.

When do they usually shut up? Towards 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kbyrnsie13

Is there any cheap or free parking near NCI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kbyrnsie13 wrote: »

there is parking in the nci and some of the surrounding streets are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

kbyrnsie13 wrote: »

If you go around the corner to seville place some of the streets / lanes off that road have free parking; its fine during the day, but I wouldn't park there at night, it can be a dodgy area.

Although during the week other commuters park there so you'd want to be early to get a place. Weekends are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kbyrnsie13

Yea just if i take the car in one day
    usually get the dart though
    I hav parked just around the corner from bnp paribas before
    but its only free at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Just wondering if theres parking in nci ? The campus or surrounding area an if so wats it cost ? Hopefully der is and its free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Yes there is parking in the basement...but it fills up very quickly and you could be left waiting along time. After 5.30pm its €3.50 for what ever number of hours you park for (Im assuming because your posting this on this forum your undertaking a course @ NCI).

Better option is the Jurys carpark...after 5.30pm till close at 10pm its a fiver...or if you flash your student card you get it for €3.50..Im basing that on other peoples experience..Iv never had the balls to ask for the discount.

Avoid the Clarion carpark...€3 p/h and its a nightmare!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Voltex wrote: »
    Yes there is parking in the basement...but it fills up very quickly and you could be left waiting along time. After 5.30pm its €3.50 for what ever number of hours you park for (Im assuming because your posting this on this forum your undertaking a course @ NCI).

Better option is the Jurys carpark...after 5.30pm till close at 10pm its a fiver...or if you flash your student card you get it for €3.50..Im basing that on other peoples experience..Iv never had the balls to ask for the discount.

Avoid the Clarion carpark...€3 p/h and its a nightmare!!

Hi, cheers for the reply

I will be starting there in sept, i couldn't afford anything over a 5 er a day tbh its just awkward that no bus goes down there, looks like a hike from i Connell st,

So the nci basement is free before 5:30 ? That would be great, what time do u recommend arriving at to get a space? em i hear parking is free on nearby streets such as seville place ? Im kinda doubting it tho.

Is the jurys inn free before half 5 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Car park is not free before 5. It costs €9 for the day between open and 5.30pm then another €3.50 between 5:30pm and 10:30pm.

Total cost for parking from 8am until 10:30pm is €12.50.

You will be doing very, very well to get free parking around the IFSC unless you are there very early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

where are you coming from? another option would be a luas park and ride (4 euro per day for the parking)

Advertisement