Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NU2U Furniture Painting Workshop

Options
  • 20-09-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Great Furniture Painting Workshop due to start in October in Baldwinstown (near Kilmore Quay) Techniques covered: distressing, decopage, layering, gold leaf and more!!! P.M. for more info or have a look at NU2U facebook page or visit NU2U at The Forge, Baldwinstown. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I like it! Just finished refurbishing a bookcase for my kids. It was a horrible, dark stained timber contraption (€15 from the Chernobyl Children's Shop) and it turned out quite nice in a light shade of blue. Total cost about €20. However, it didn't turn out quite the way that I had intended - I used wax crayons on the undercoat and then applied the top coat and when dry rubbed off the paint where the wax had been applied. This should result in a piece looking age worn but I was disappointed - probably I was too cautious in the rubbing off of the finishing coat? Anyway, the course looks right up my street! :)

bookcase%2B005.JPG

Advertisement