Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Device to Device Transfer

• 20-09-2011 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

I copied all my music from Realplayer Library to my MP3 Device, never used the Device Software at all, found it complicated. Most of said music would have been in flv format; flash video originally. Over time my Realplayer Library decreased in size due to crashing n' freezing, and ya get a message to click on it in order to restore your Library so it won't be corrupted, but in fact if you click on that message it ends up clearing a lot of your library which you won't be able retrieve again you'll have to go n' re-download them all, all over again. Funnily enough your Library is fine and nothing happens without that message at all! So that's what happened I unknowingly clicked on that message a couple of times and now have a very small collection left in my actual Realplayer Library on my computer harddrive. So I don't have any music files as such to work with for Device software.

When I open up my Device as Hardware it lists music and artist folders but has nothing inside those folders. When I open up my Device as a Realplayer Device, it lists all the songs and displays them as monikerdevice format. I have gotten wise lately and formatted some songs lately to .mp3 format in case I ever need the original music files again for anything, but most of these that I have collected up till now are sitting in devicemoniker format. They'll play fine on the Device itself, but won't do anything when I bring them up under Realplayer Devices on computer.

So, as I have purchased a new Device, I now want all said songs on new Device, so is there any way I can do a complete direct straight transfer from this monikerdevice format to my new Device, or any way I can put them from Devicemoniker format back to .flv's or mp4's or something, - to put them all back into my Realplayer Library, and I can just put every single one of them into a usable mp3 format to transfer again etc.

Surely there's someone else who didn't stick to the Device software to sync songs that did it with Realplayer or Windows Media Player .... Just wondering how you made actual music files out of what you have ......

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Anyone?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I might be wrong, but I think most people would be scratching their heads at the nameless device, using .flv for music files, rather than MP3, AAC or other more common file types. All that and using Realplayer to top it off means I, and I suspect many others, wouldn't have any familiarity with your problems.

Advertisement