Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get texts working on Meteor Blackberry Curve

Options
  • 20-09-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭

Tried calling meteor but they don't support phones:eek: and have been advised to call blackberry, but I think the reason I can't change it is down to the meteor firmware.
    Basically the phone won't send text so I think putting a +1 in front of the message center number will fix it but it looks like meteor have disabled that option on what ever firmware they flashed it with, any ideas how to check the message center number?
    Shocked that meteor state they don't support phones only networks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im confused, its a meteor phone on the network network?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I have it sorted, yes it was a meteor phone on the meteor network less than a week old, apparently meteor don't support phones only networks. Yea I was confused to, even asked a 4th time, Tech support are only there for network support not handset.
    You can't talk to tech or a manager or ask for a name, I didn't even go there this time but they did go off and ask some questions for me, apparently tech said to press the menu button or send it for repair.

I kept my cool and just rolled with it and smiled to myself after that call, no matter how the rest of the day went it could only get better and it did:)

Advertisement