Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running clubs in Stillorgan/Blackrock (In prep for Marathon)

• 20-09-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I recently completed my first Marathon back in June in Cork, i took a break for a while but im eager to get back to training.

I crossed the finish line in 3.44hr and I hoping to improve my time and i think a running club may push me that bit more.

I will be running the Connemmara (April) and Cork (June) Marathons next year.

Does anyone know a good club in stillorgan/blackroack area that will help me achieve a better time ?

Thanks...:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

This map of clubs should help. Bray Runners could be a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Location wise, Dundrum AC is the nearest one to Blackrock/Stillorgan.

http://www.dsdac.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I live in Deansgrange and couldn't find one very handy to me. DSD, Rathfarnham and Bray Runners are all in reasonable striking distance.
    I opted for Bray, because there's less traffic-driven uncertainty about making training sessions on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thats a good map, thanks! I should have know that was there.

Im going to join a club after the Marathon to help try and move to "the next level" - when I start my new job [mid-Oct] my free time will be far more scarce, so it will be about quality training not just random running when I feel like it :)

Will check out a few of the clubs on my radar over next while. As with Rugby in my past, its about being able to make it to training events. So no point in joining a great club, if you will never make training as its miles away from your home and work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sully000000

Thanks for all your help guys... id say ill go with Dundrum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

brownian wrote: »
    I live in Deansgrange and couldn't find one very handy to me. DSD, Rathfarnham and Bray Runners are all in reasonable striking distance.
    I opted for Bray, because there's less traffic-driven uncertainty about making training sessions on time.

Is Blackrock AC, Obelisk Park, Carysfort Avenue not closer to Deansgrange than Bray ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Zombie thread.

I'm going to assume that the OP solved their query several years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement