Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Titan

Options
  • 20-09-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

So anyone else interested in this massive upcoming Windows Phone? I was planning on holding out to see what Nokia have in store with Sea Ray but going by nearly all rumours its going to be fairly run of the mill offering and probably won't be available in Ireland until after Christmas. The Titan should be available sometime in October with Vodafone looking to get it first. Hopefully Meteor aren't too far behind?

With a 4.7" screen I will definitely want to hold in my hand before buying it!

21-HTC-TITAN.jpg

htc-titan-radar-windows-phone-13-slashgear-449x500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is it me or phones are going reverse evolution in size?

i know its cool to have big screen, but ffs, i need a phone, not an tv in my pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I remember the day when having a small sleek phone was what everyone wanted, nowadays its all about having what is more or less a tablet computer in your pocket.

Big screen definitely appeals to me but I really need to hold this phone in my hand before I make a decision. I reckon I would know straight away if it suited me or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I am in the same boat, currently have the LG and was holding out changing to one of the Nokia's later this year, but the Titan may have swung it for me. Great looking phone and love the bigger screen and its thinner. May change my mind next year when the dual core Nokia's eventually arrive.

More confirmation that the first Nokia WP will have a relatively small screen (I'm guessing 3.7")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Titan is right. Way too big for me; I have fairly big hands, so that's not the problem, but once you get over around 4" screen, it's just not a "phone" anymore, and it's hard to carry in a pocket without looking stupid.

Is it just me, or do all WP7 phones seem to have bigger-than-average screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I wish they would have kept it at 4.5" max. 4" i think is the optimal for size and resolution.

Lovely phone. But as many other posters here. Ill have to hold it to see if its worth it and how the screen resolution looks

Had a look at the Titan over the weekend :)

Its quite a stunner of a phone :) uploaded a few pics for size :)

Its not that much bigger than the S2. Just a little bit.

Pixelation isnt a problem as as some blog sites were hoping it to be. Average joe wouldnt notice it :)

Attached some pics below :)

I've kind off gone of this phone now. Read a lot of the reviews and they mostly agreed it was good but could be better. I still havent actually gone into a vodafone to see what they look like in real life though.

The main reason though is because of the other recent announcements. I'm thinking about the getting the Motorola Razr or possibly the Nokia Ace if it gets announced at this weeks Nokia World?

I've kind off gone of this phone now. Read a lot of the reviews and they mostly agreed it was good but could be better. I still havent actually gone into a vodafone to see what they look like in real life though.

The main reason though is because of the other recent announcements. I'm thinking about the getting the Motorola Razr or possibly the Nokia Ace if it gets announced at this weeks Nokia World?

Well i would wait till Nokia World kicks off!

But either way the Radar and the Titan are alot nicer in real life i think!!

For me theres a really nice powerful feeling about the Titan. Radar is a nice device, feels and looks lovely. If you want lots of nice graphics id go for the Radar. But the two are really nice devices. Alot nicer than the Trophy and the HD7. I didnt like the HD7 at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement