Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk Warning

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just thought i will drop a quick post about the overclockers.co.uk. Last week i send them my monitor as the blue color was not blue actually , but purple.I showed that monitor to 5 different people and been the same. Today i got a message that its being sent back, as they find no issue with it. Rang them to complain, and have been told that it is the same for every led monitor, as per overclockers "blue can be purple on LED monitor". I don't what to do now, as they already send it back, and will charge me extra 10£ for testing and 10£ for delivery. On top of that i paid 45e to send monitor to them. Do I have any options here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

How long have you had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I logged RMA with them within 28 days of purchase

If you still have all the packaging, etc, can you not return it under the cooling off period?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Apparently not. It would need to be unopened, and within 7 days from delivery.

Oh right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

What brand and model is the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Perhaps search on the interweb for any related issue with that particular monitor???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

twinsen wrote: »
    Apparently not. It would need to be unopened, and within 7 days from delivery.
    It doesn't have to be unopened but it does have to be within 7 days.

You could shot an email off to the manufacturer and ask them if they think the purple hue is acceptable and would they think there's actually a problem with the product. I'm guessing if they have any pride in their product they won't want it said they're blues are purple, I'm guessing it's a fault they would want fixed.

If the manufacturer come back to you and say it's faulty you at least have some more ammunition with overclockers.

Feck, I have a new LED in the boot of my car, anxious to get home and check it now . . .

calibrate it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement