Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA for kids - D15

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am looking for GAA classes on Saturdays mornings for my 6 y.o. girl and 8 y.o. boy (would be great for them to have a class together). Please let me know if you know such classes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Eola wrote: »
    I am looking for GAA classes on Saturdays morning for my 6 y.o. girl and 8 y.o. boy in D15. Please let me know if you know such classes.

You've a few choices, id suggest oliver plunketts or st bridgets both are based on teh navan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Peregrines have saturday morning classes for kids.

St Peregrines GAC
    Blakestown Road
    Clonsilla
    Dublin 15

http://cnp.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=37&Itemid=44

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

castleknock GAAA has a nursery section on saturdays

http://www.castleknock.net/nursery/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

St brigids Gaa on the Navan road very good setup

http://www.stbrigidsgaa.com/Sections/Nursery/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Sharrow wrote: »

St Peregrines GAC
    Blakestown Road
    Clonsilla
    Dublin 15

Peregrines. Great friendly staff. 7 year old loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Hi there, just thought I would give up a heads up on prices - there seems to be a huge price difference between clubs. I know Castleknock was Euro190 plus you buy the gear (Euro71 for my sons). Westmanstown's apparently is under Euro100 per year. Unfortunatly I didn't realise this until after my son was signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Sharrow wrote: »

St Peregrines GAC
    Blakestown Road
    Clonsilla
    Dublin 15

Peregrines are known locally as a fine working class based club. I mean nothing against other fine GAA clubs locally, I'm simply pointing out that it is in the heart of a large working class area and services that community.

They are a club I have allot of admiration for the work they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Eola

canihave wrote: »
    Hi there, just thought I would give up a heads up on prices - there seems to be a huge price difference between clubs. I know Castleknock was Euro190 plus you buy the gear (Euro71 for my sons). Westmanstown's apparently is under Euro100 per year. Unfortunatly I didn't realise this until after my son was signed up.

Thank you for letting me know. If that fee (190 for Castleknock) applies for all age groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

As far as I know yes it does. There is discounts for more than 1 child. Having said that they are great and my son is getting on brilliant, however it is a big difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just bring you child down to a couple of them. Brigids would clearly have the best grounds and have new trainers there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Just bring you child down to a couple of them. Brigids would clearly have the best grounds and have new trainers there now.

Out of curiosity? What so great about their grounds compared to the others?

BostonB wrote: »
    Out of curiosity? What so great about their grounds compared to the others?

Brigid's are the largest more prominent club.

Peregrines are a different type of club. There is allot to be said for either and it really depends on what you want.

Castleknock GAA and Erin Go brath are excellent too.

The fairest point here is try them all.

Sorry I don't follow. They have the largest grounds? More pitches?

BostonB wrote: »
    Sorry I don't follow. They have the largest grounds? More pitches?

No they have longevity and success.

They have a senior division club side and that usually a marker for where a club is on the grand scheme of things.

However, their grounds are not better than the others. They would be of equal i would say on that. All of which are fantastic.

You might have different focus with smaller kids than how competitive a club is.

You might have a child that not that good but is mad keen to play. I'd me more interested to hear does everyone get to play. Some clubs leave the worst kids on the sideline every week, other clubs rotate everyone so all get a game.

Bring your child to the ones that suit you.
    Brigids has clearly better pitches. There flood light pitch is great in the winter months.
    So go down there and the other ones even without your child and have a look around.
    Castleknock have lovely new pitches too but dont know how big there nursey is.

Do the others not have flood lit pitches too?

Castleknock nursery is on sat morning on the green behind the carpenter pub. That may move to their new club grounds I dunno. Seems like a pretty big crowd are there anyway.

Thats a big difference alright.

You have all the clubs, go to where maybe has a friend playing, where suits you, where you feel your child be safe and of course has best opportunity to play and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Hi there,

I'm involved with one of the older age groups with Castleknock so I have to admit a bias.

The normal fee for one child is €16 per month. This child will be training once a week and playing one match per week throughout most of the year. There is a family fee available of €24 per month. This allows both parents together with any children to join the club. A subscription to the weekly club lotto is included in this payment.

A child joining the nursery only pays €50 for the year. Again, if the family are already members of the club this fee does not apply.

It is a great club who cater for all age group and all standards. The facilities are improving every year. The club opened its own ground in Somerton last year. The all weather training facilities are excellent.

There is no talk of moving the nursery to Somerton. The pitch beside the Carpenter is right in the middle of the community and is ideal for the nursery.

If I can help further please PM me.

Regards,

Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Good luck with whatever one you choose as it will have great benefits for the kids going forward as they get older so give them every encouragement to stay involved

Advertisement