Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Cookery Courses

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for anywhere that does vegetarian cookery courses?

I really really do not want to cook meat so am reluctant to enrol in a general cookery class.

I am basically interested in learning flavour combinations and cooking processes. Type of cuisine is relatively unimportant.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

http://www.katyayanis.com/index.php

This one looks interesting if you like indian. Not sure of costs as they are not mentioned on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

TankGuy wrote: »
    http://www.katyayanis.com/index.php

This one looks interesting if you like indian. Not sure of costs as they are not mentioned on the site.

Great, thanks. I've just emailed them there. Keep the suggestions coming folks. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

"Vegan Meanin Food! A four week introduction to vegan cooking starts Saturday 08-10-011, 11-13.00 Seomra Spraoi.

Basic vegan cooking. Learn how to create affordable easy recipes for a full day of vegan eating. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each time.
    Exploring the, nutritional needs for vegan diets, Food ethics, reasons why, sourcing food, vegan and myths and facts.

With Pears, experienced vegan cook, Seomra spraoi vegan cafe, camps, festivals, catering..

Aims to be fun, useful and tasty. Suggested cost is €10/€7 concession."

I have contact details, if anyone's interested but I'm not online as much these days, so bear with me.

Irish Seed Savers are having a Half Day Vegetarian cookery course - Soups and stews on the 16th October , €30 plus €5 materials;
    Vegetarian cookery - Soups and stews 1/2 day

***edit*** That's Scariff, Co. Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

HI - thanks a million for your posts. I forgot to mention my location. I'm in Dublin so to be honest, I wouldn't travel to Clare for a course. Thanks anyway.

Can anyone else help? This is proving to be a lot more difficult than I thought.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 pinkmonkey045

Trí wrote: »
    HI - thanks a million for your posts. I forgot to mention my location. I'm in Dublin so to be honest, I wouldn't travel to Clare for a course. Thanks anyway.

Can anyone else help? This is proving to be a lot more difficult than I thought.:(

Have you ever been to Cafe fresh in the Powerscourt centre? Really nice veggie/vegan food. And..... yes! They do cooking courses. One starts next wednesday for 6 weeks like 2 hours each evening, or you can pick and choose which ones you want to go to. I emailed Mary, and she sent me the info for each day........... email her or post your email and ill send it on!

Looks good. I think theres one day that is all vegan and I may do it.

G'luck!

"Vegan Meanin Food! A four week introduction to vegan cooking starts Saturday 08-10-011, 11-13.00 Seomra Spraoi.

Basic vegan cooking. Learn how to create affordable easy recipes for a full day of vegan eating. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each time.
    Exploring the, nutritional needs for vegan diets, Food ethics, reasons why, sourcing food, vegan and myths and facts.

With Pears, experienced vegan cook, Seomra spraoi vegan cafe, camps, festivals, catering..

Aims to be fun, useful and tasty. Suggested cost is €10/€7 concession."

I have contact details, if anyone's interested but I'm not online as much these days, so bear with me.

Amazing, this is exactly what I've been looking for! If you're back online soon...give us those details.....Ta very much :P

PM sent

@Thoushaltnot Do you know if seomra sproai do Veggie cooking courses?

Not sure what you're asking there. Wanna fix your post first?

Afaik, Seomra Spraoi is vegan - the cafe certainly is. So, I don't think any recipes with eggs, milk, cheese, etc. are going to figure.

Also, it's not a Seomra Spraoi cookery class, so much as initiative by a Seomra Spraoi member.

• Advertisement

Not sure what you're asking there. Wanna fix your post first?

Afaik, Seomra Spraoi is vegan - the cafe certainly is. So, I don't think any recipes with eggs, milk, cheese, etc. are going to figure.

Also, it's not a Seomra Spraoi cookery class, so much as initiative by a Seomra Spraoi member.

Sorry i was just asking if they done Vegetarian cooking classes, but i guess not.
    Thanks

PM sent

Thoushaltnot....i'm sorry. I may be mildly retarded at technology related things, but I don't have a new PM :(

@tank... vegetarians can eaten vegan food dontcha know.... It's kinda delish! Then you could go home and add cheese to everything if you wished lollll

PM now sent to PinkMonkey by tecchy dufus, Thoushaltnot! :o

Sorry bout that.

@Thoushaltnot can i have the info too? I might see can i do this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Just to add to what was mentioned above - Cafe Fresh start their new course on 28th Sep until 2nd Nov, running each Wednesday night. You can go to all or pay 30e for a single evening (details are available of what will be taught each night). Email Mary@cafe-fresh.com for more information :)

PM now sent to PinkMonkey by tecchy dufus, Thoushaltnot! :o

Sorry bout that.

Thank you thank you thank you :)

Advertisement