Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do a Course a return to another?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Ok so I went to the Consultation today because I was unsure of my exam results. I only got 52.5 credits out of 60 because the module I failed was worth 7.5 credits. And you need 55 credits to be Approved to progress which I personally think is ridiculous and you should be awarded Credits for passing practicals.

I was told I had 3 options
    1. Apply for a review/recheck
    2. Repeat the one subject I failed from January onwards
    3. Repeat the exam I failed next May.

So I was told that I should Apply for a review/recheck to see will it bring my results up to 40+ but I will have to gain an extra 10% on my written exam, which I doubt it will. So if it doesn't change I am just going to have to repeat my exam next May. I wouldn't be able to just repeat 1 subject from January till May because I live 60km+ from the college and travelling up every other day just for one subject is kind of pointless, plus it would cost me €1000 to register and another €125, plus travel expenses just for the module. And I couldn't afford that because I wouldn't get a grant for repeating.

So If my review/recheck fails I will be doing nothing from now till I resit the exam in May 2012.
    I was just wondering could I apply for a PLC or FÁS course locally and it wouldn't affect me returning to college in May to resit my exam? I should of asked what am I supposed to do for 9 months :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i thought you could progress so long as you only have one fail? well so everyone in my class seems to think

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

Rossin wrote: »
    i thought you could progress so long as you only have one fail? well so everyone in my class seems to think

You have to have 55 credits though. So if the subject you failed is worth more than 5 credits you can't progress, the one I failed was 7.5, so I can't progress yet..:mad:

Advertisement