Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basement

Options
  • 20-09-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi all any one on here know what are the costs to put a basement under a semi house it would be going where the garage is now so it would all have to be diged up i am aware of this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Costs will be significant, and most properly not recouped even if the market was to pick up again. Its most probable that you will end up with significant temporary works costs to ensure the structural stability of both your own building and possibility that of the neighbouring building depending on its proximity during construction. Basements by their nature are expensive and if not constructed correctly will be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lj-boland

ok thanks for that i am just looking for a idea of cost i need the extra room and dont want to build out back cause want to have space for the kids to play but then i cant have everything and dont want to move :D

Advertisement