Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Lunarswifts - any good for distance runs??

• 20-09-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one re lunar swifts...
    I bought a pair recently and am breaking them in at them mo. I am training for DCM and was thinking of using them as my LSR shoe and race shoe. I'm not sure if I fully trust them, I went into Elverys with the intention of coming out with a pair of glides but saw the price of the swifts (in the 26.2% sale) and grabbed them. Anyone use them for long runs? any positive/negative feedback appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Rantan wrote: »
    Just a quick one re lunar swifts...
    I bought a pair recently and am breaking them in at them mo. I am training for DCM and was thinking of using them as my LSR shoe and race shoe. I'm not sure if I fully trust them, I went into Elverys with the intention of coming out with a pair of glides but saw the price of the swifts (in the 26.2% sale) and grabbed them. Anyone use them for long runs? any positive/negative feedback appreciated
    thanks

you'd better hope so else it wasn't really a real saving :-)

Seriously though, there's a comparison here

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

LunarSwifts are pretty much a slightly scaled down version of the LunarElites so they come in at a cheaper price point but with most of the same technology.
    They are not going to be as cushioned as the Glides so it really depends on whether you need/want all that cushioning...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

thanks Guys, I should have just shelled out the few extra quid for the glides - I dont know if the swifts are right for me - I have a pair of glides with about 500miles in them and they were my all time favourites - I think I just panicked in the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I've recently purchased a pair of swifts and find them perfectly nice, there's nothing wrong with them.

I've recently purchased a pair of swifts and find them perfectly nice, there's nothing wrong with them.

thansk TBF - you have a good experience with them on long runs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I believe RQ is the official Nike spokesperson in these parts and she can probably advise you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Rantan wrote: »
    thansk TBF - you have a good experience with them on long runs?

Not yet, but no issues whatsoever on 10 mile runs and I fully intend on using them for long runs as soon as it's their turn in the rotation.

Not yet, but no issues whatsoever on 10 mile runs and I fully intend on using them for long runs as soon as it's their turn in the rotation.

good to know thanks, I've done a couple of 10k's in them but nothing more - I'm a bit paranoid with dublin around the corner - unfortunatley I am the type of person who needs soimething to fixate on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

The swifts are a tighter fit than the glides and stiffer. Not ideal for long distance. Really worth the extra few quid for the glides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

violator13 wrote: »
    The swifts are a tighter fit than the glides and stiffer. Not ideal for long distance. Really worth the extra few quid for the glides.

They are deinitely a lot stiffer than the glides. More similar in feel to Asics (which might be a good thing for some).

I bought a pair of Swifts because they were cehap and looked nice. Wore them for a few short recovery runs but haven't worn them since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement