Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can tesco giftcards be used for buying petrol?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Someone gave me €60 worth of tesco gift cards.
    My question is can it be used on petrol?
    It says on the tesco website that cards can be used to buy petrol but On the front of the cards it says €20 - Grocery Only.

So does anyone know what it should be? Can it be used to buy petrol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are you certain they are gift cards and not clubcard vouchers?

I have some tesco vouchers ones from years ago and there is no mention of restrictions, might have changed.

Strange that they would limit you to groceries, you would think people would want to buy electronics or a dvd as a "gift", not a couple of chickens and a pack of Daz...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When you telephoned Tesco and asked about your dilemma, what was their response?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If its a gift card you can buy petrol. Is is a credit card type thing? They can be used to buy anything bar a gift card or lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

certain gift cards are restricted for grocery only while other gift cards can be used on any items... grocery/tobacco/alcohol etc.

I know Tesco gives out gift cards to certain charities around Christmas and they are grocery only gift cards so that the recipients cant spend them on fags and booze.

so id say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

snubbleste wrote: »
    When you telephoned Tesco and asked about your dilemma, what was their response?

When I tried to call tesco their I got a message saying that the number was only for some regions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

there are so many tesco stores about the place, would it not be easier to check with the desk and get an absolute correct answer?

Advertisement