Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homefront 2 from Crytek

Options
2»

Comments

Early reports suggest this is a steaming pile of you know what riddled with bugs and frame rates from hell.

Edit: Review http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/homefront-the-revolution-review

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Well Jim certainly has a few things to say about the PC version..

http://www.thejimquisition.com/homefront-the-revolution-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Getting slaughtered in the reviews.

Sigh......still gonna buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'll buy it too, but only when its for a few euro.

Seems it not out till the 20th in Steam it still says the 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any PS4 reviews?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seems it not out till the 20th in Steam it still says the 17th.

17th for NA, 20th for EU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've given this two hours so far, and it seem very reminiscent of Far Cry 3/4 so far. There's a lot of collectibles, the open map, lots of crafting bits to collect, outposts to overtake, alarms to trigger/avoid, rouse the population to overthrow the oppressors etc etc. Except that it's all in an enclosed urban environment, so there's no grand vistas, but equally no bloody quicktime events against the wildlife. The gun modification is essentially torn direct from Crysis, which isn't surprising since it's the CryEngine. So far, it seems an okay game. But just okay, not as terrible as the lynch mobs appear to be making out, but neither is it in anyway innovative or impressive.

But there's far better games to buy right now if you have to make a choice on what to buy, and certainly so if you've had your fill of the Far Cry formula.

It'll be discounted plenty in a few weeks, and in a years time will be the filler in many a Humble Bundle.

Unlocked last night but had to get up early.

Will giver a go later, is the Coop any use?

EG not happy with the console version, I should be fine on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This'll be Games With Gold/PS+ fodder in a few months time I'd imagine.

I was tempted to play through the original Homefront the other day but decided not to. I remember feeling really pissed off because I finished it in one sitting and felt really short changed.

I liked the few trailers they had for this one but given all of its development hell it was always going to be difficult to garner any hugely positive support for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I got the original homefront in the great THQ sell off. When they sold everything they had on steam for a single price (bought it more for the saints row/darksiders games)

Never played it. Never even installed it.

Perhaps I should someday.

Its a perfect example of why games shouldnt be €60, its not a bad game its enjoyable in SP and also in Coop.

But not worth €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a perfect example of why games shouldnt be €60, its not a bad game its enjoyable in SP and also in Coop.

But not worth €60.

Games are whatever the publisher thinks they can price them at to recoup development costs (which are in the millions).

You are free to not buy at €60.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Games are whatever the publisher thinks they can price them at to recoup development costs (which are in the millions).

You are free to not buy at €60.

I paid 30 on a "dodgy" key site........I am free to do that too.

Advertisement