Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys - Vicar St - 9th Feb

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, what a gig

Great show, Vicar street really is a great venue for them, the acoustic set was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

darryn wrote: »
    Great show, Vicar street really is a great venue for them, the acoustic set was amazing

For sure, Acoustic 'Warriors Code' was the highlight for me

Got some awesome pics and a few vids, just uploading now to youtube

Vid uploaded, only 1 i took, few pics which will be put up later

My wench, mu daughter and mate are in there, 2 of 'em are bang in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Vid uploaded, only 1 i took, few pics which will be put up later

My wench, mu daughter and mate are in there, 2 of 'em are bang in the middle

FFS scudz, could you not get any closer? :pac:

theteal wrote: »

Left the bar 5 mins before they came on and ended up right behind person on barrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

theteal wrote: »

yea on stage lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Tessie and then Fields of Athenry afterwards was just awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

My 6th time seeing them live lastnight, excellent as always. Sound in Vicar St. isn't brilliant but didn't take away from a great show. Got on stage again too which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

What a night, managed to get right up to the barrier, great set list, crowd was nuts and Vicar St is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AaronPunk

Great gig, but the sound was a better the last time I saw them. Glad they ended with Citizen CIA, it's one of my favorite songs of their's. The acoustic set followed by State of Massachusetts was a highlight. The Bouncing Souls were great as well. Anyone catch the name of the opening band before The Bouncing Souls? I came in during the last few of their songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Awesome gig soooo happy I got my photo taken with one of the lads too! :D

Good lock of folks got flung out though kept having to move out of the way for security :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

1st band on were Bible Code Sundays
    I was working backstage all day, great bunch of lads. Great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

darryn wrote: »

Acoustic set was good but I really wished they didn't include Boys on the Docks as part of it. The song just has such energy and is a live highlight that it feels wrong stripped down like that.

Some pics, taken by 2 of us wit different camera's

IMAG0172.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMGP1988.jpg

IMGP2013.jpg

IMGP2030.jpg

IMGP2045.jpg

IMGP2046.jpg

IMGP2065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Great pics! Brilliant gig and like the poster said earlier, Warriors Code acoustic was immense! I loved it. Sound as great in the venue but the crowd and the energy made up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

i left when the westlife stools came out. :confused:

i left when the westlife stools came out. :confused:

Don't worry, we didn't miss ya

why would i worry ? i got in for free :)

Just found this, full show from Sydney in October, all in glorious HD :-)

http://www.moshcam.com/dropkick-murphys/enmore-theatre-971.aspx#/1-hang-em-high

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah the plastic paddies. I actually really like them but wish they stop trying to be the stereotype Irish person.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah the plastic paddies. I actually really like them but wish they stop trying to be the stereotype Irish person.

If there was an Irish band doing similar i'd support them but there aint so i won't.

I don't think they're trying to be a stereotypical irish person, i think they found a niche n the market and most of the band have strong Irish roots

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Seen them the following night in London and were class - another great setlist but the price of booze in Camden is a shocker but to finish the night in the end nightclub savage.

I aslo agree with Scudvilla's sentiments above as i know the band pretty well and all have Irish Roots apart from Al(singer) german Roots and Josh(Bagpiper) who is Scotch Canadian.

If there was an Irish band doing similar i'd support them but there aint so i won't.

Advertisement