Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Airlines Nightmare Flight from Hell Please Help

Options
  • 20-09-2011 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Turkish Airlines Nightmare Flight From Hell .Please Help .I Was Flying from Istanbul Ataturk to Dublin . I was at Boarding Gate 300 on Time at 06.45 IN THE Morning. And I Missed My Flight Because The X_ Ray MACHINE Broke Down for Over 50 mins . I missed My Flight to Dublin . TURKISH Airlines Said The Could Not Help Me That it was The Security at The Boarding Gate and the Do NOT Work For TURKISH Airlines . I was Left in Istanbul Airport for Over 28 "Hours NO money no FOOD and no BED TO sleep in Our Wash . Can i Sue Turkish AIRLINES and Where DO i Go For Help ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Turkish Airlines are correct. They do not manage the airport or look after the infrastructure or security systems within the airport. Contact some/all of the following below and look for an explanation to what happened and what they will do for you. Good luck though as they will most likely state the two hour check-in rule which they will say would have left you with time to spare even with delays at security.

TAV Central +90 212 463 3000
    Telephone +90 212 463 3000
    Fax +90 212 465 5050
    Web http://www.tavairports.com
    Email info@tav.aero
    Customer Relations cr@tav.aero
    Human Resources www.tav.jobs

ISTANBUL TERMINAL OPERATIONS Co.

Istanbul Atatürk Airport International Terminali 34149 Yesilköy / Istanbul / Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Turkish Airlines Nightmare Flight From Hell .Please Help .I Was Flying from Istanbul Ataturk to Dublin . I was at Boarding Gate 300 on Time at 06.45 IN THE Morning. And I Missed My Flight Because The X_ Ray MACHINE Broke Down for Over 50 mins . I missed My Flight to Dublin . TURKISH Airlines Said The Could Not Help Me That it was The Security at The Boarding Gate and the Do NOT Work For TURKISH Airlines . I was Left in Istanbul Airport for Over 28 "Hours NO money no FOOD and no BED TO sleep in Our Wash . Can i Sue Turkish AIRLINES and Where DO i Go For Help ????

Are the xray machines in Ataturk not at the boarding gate? Therefore nobody would be able to board?

There are some at the main doors but there's a number of them and not just one.

My memory may not be the best so someone could correct me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chief justice 1

Yes The X Ray Machines are at the boardig gate. My bags where taking of the Plane . Gate 300 to 309 so you have 9 flights using the same Gate at the same time Dublin London BERLIN hamburg etc.. boardng Gate 300 Is A Very Bad System And Staff Are SO Rude And Did Give a Dam.. I Went to passenger service Manger who told me i would have to write a letter to the Airport Police to See the cameras at Gate 300 even i had meeting with the Security management who told me and the "passenger service manager that the X- ray machine Broke down .the security management said over 800 people came to the gate 300 at one time, and this why so many people missed flights . but the offered me our the other people nothing no Help what so ever it was hell i asked Turkish airlines for Help for 8 hours got none the told me and other people they can Do Nothing for us. full stop and my one way flight cost me £ 500 euros one way..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yes The X Ray Machines are at the boardig gate. My bags where taking of the Plane . Gate 300 to 309 so you have 9 flights using the same Gate at the same time Dublin London BERLIN hamburg etc.. boardng Gate 300 Is A Very Bad System And Staff Are SO Rude And Did Give a Dam.. I Went to passenger service Manger who told me i would have to write a letter to the Airport Police to See the cameras at Gate 300 even i had meeting with the Security management who told me and the "passenger service manager that the X- ray machine Broke down .the security management said over 800 people came to the gate 300 at one time, and this why so many people missed flights . but the offered me our the other people nothing no Help what so ever it was hell i asked Turkish airlines for Help for 8 hours got none the told me and other people they can Do Nothing for us. full stop and my one way flight cost me £ 500 euros one way..

At least you managed to get out of hell, which is a first (as far as I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Ok, I think I know where you're talking about. I can't help though. Not sure what you can do and I doubt you might get much luck.

I have noticed that they can quickly change gates in Ataturk without informing the passengers properly but haven't seen anything like this happen before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Although It's bad form that Turkish Airlines didn't rebook you for free on a later flight, I doubt they would be under any legal obligation to. They were correct in saying that the security at the airport has nothing to do with Turkish Airlines. I'd be surprised if they didn't hold the plane a while if most of the passengers were delayed at security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

And the op is exactly why you need to have travel insurance. It'd a small price to pay for peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

mention it on their facebook page, might embarrass them in to giving you a voucher off your next flight or something other then that you are at the mercy of the airport management I think

Advertisement