Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No modem received for over a month

Options
  • 20-09-2011 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've signed up for Eircom mid August and got a rather quick update on the order. I was off on a business trip for about a week shortly after and in that time they sent me the modem. I wasn't there to collect obviously nor had I time to go to the post office to pick it up.
    The modem was sent back to Eircom so I contacted customer support to get it sent to my work address as I'm there most of the time.
    2 weeks later still no modem so I called again and after 3 tries (2 disconnects without the least explanation) a lady told me the modem was sent twice and no one there to collect. This is strange because there's always someone here at reception to receive packages. A few seconds after I was told this I got disconnected again. I call AGAIN, got hold of some guy who listened to my story, told me to hold and got promptly transferred to a service that only operated between 8 & 5h30PM (it was exactly 5h30PM when this happened)...
    Why can't they simply send some engineer over to bring & install the modem like UPC (who even call you 30 minutes in advance so you can make sure you are home)....?
    I'm getting tired of this and would like to talk to someone who can actually help? I'm about to receive the second bill but no service yet! :mad:

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ventor wrote: »
    I've signed up for Eircom mid August and got a rather quick update on the order. I was off on a business trip for about a week shortly after and in that time they sent me the modem. I wasn't there to collect obviously nor had I time to go to the post office to pick it up.
    The modem was sent back to Eircom so I contacted customer support to get it sent to my work address as I'm there most of the time.
    2 weeks later still no modem so I called again and after 3 tries (2 disconnects without the least explanation) a lady told me the modem was sent twice and no one there to collect. This is strange because there's always someone here at reception to receive packages. A few seconds after I was told this I got disconnected again. I call AGAIN, got hold of some guy who listened to my story, told me to hold and got promptly transferred to a service that only operated between 8 & 5h30PM (it was exactly 5h30PM when this happened)...
    Why can't they simply send some engineer over to bring & install the modem like UPC (who even call you 30 minutes in advance so you can make sure you are home)....?
    I'm getting tired of this and would like to talk to someone who can actually help? I'm about to receive the second bill but no service yet! :mad:

Any advice?

Hi Ventor,

Can you Private message me with your eircom account number and I will ckeck that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement