Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Video Capture

Options
  • 20-09-2011 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi, I'm on the look out for a decent video capture software, so i can record some clips of my modded PC games. do any of you know a good, free one, that doen't have those annoying watermarks? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

AVS Screen Capture...but I'm pretty sure it's on a trial basis. Not sure how long.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The Xfire client is free and can record your PC gameplay, just as long as you're playing a supported game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If your PC can handle it, buy fraps... it's well worth the money!

These days I don't swear by Fraps anymore, I swear by DXtory :P - but for DXtory, you need to make sure you have a seriously fast hard drive array!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fatal1ty

TheChrisD wrote: »
    These days I don't swear by Fraps anymore, I swear by DXtory :P - but for DXtory, you need to make sure you have a seriously fast hard drive array!

I'll try it out, as i got 2 HDD's lol. Can't be any worse than the others I've tried...

• Advertisement

Even with two hard drives, you still need to make sure that they are fast. I record to two WD Caviar Green's, but they're slow so I can only put 50MB/s on each - meaning I can't record any higher than 1080p@30 (if I even get that :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fatal1ty

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Even with two hard drives, you still need to make sure that they are fast. I record to two WD Caviar Green's, but they're slow so I can only put 50MB/s on each - meaning I can't record any higher than 1080p@30 (if I even get that :P)

I'd be happy with a 480-720p :D

Advertisement