Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you safely home colour over highlights?

• 20-09-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Heres my dilemna, last March I was swayed by a cheap deal and got my highlights somewhere else. They bleached the bejaysus out of my hair and it grew out patchy. It also dried out quite a bit too. Since then Ive revisited my regular colourist, who is brilliant, and she was horrified as we had spent a year restoring my hair from previous bad highlights. She put a mid blonde tint over my hair which lifted the root and toned down the highlights. This however only lasts about 3 weeks and costs 80e each time. My hair is currently 3 toned - white blonde, goldy gingery from the tint and then my actual root which would be ash/light brown. It looks terrible.

Im getting it done again on Friday but wondering is there a cheaper solution to this? I quite like getting this tint as my hair is shinier for it but Im afraid Ill live to regret deviating from the professionals :)

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I put in a semi over mine - am growing them out - and was fine until I tried a different product. Garnier herbashine worked pretty well to even out my colour and cover roots but then I tried that Cheryl Cole blonde colour - nice & easy? - and even though it's supposed to be a semi it's looking pretty permanent :( It faded down to a nice colour but there's clear regrowth at the roots, it should be washed out weeks ago :(

No way I was paying 60+ for a semi again in a hairdresser tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Cool, will look into it! Thanks

Advertisement