Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minimim build PC for MineCraft

• 20-09-2011 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭

What would be the bare minimum essentials pc wise to play MineCraft, My son want to get in to it and to be honest i have never got in to pc gaming so i am not sure if the lap top we have is good enough for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Do you have the model number of the laptop handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ActiveIreland

Minimum Requirements:

CPU : Intel P4/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7)
    RAM : 2GB
    GPU : Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent
    HDD : At least 90MB for Game Core and Sound Files
    Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or up is required to be able to run the game.

Edit: I added recommended :D

Recommended Requirements:

CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
    RAM : 4GB
    GPU : GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets)
    HDD : 150MB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This thread is over a year old. And I would never recommend the GMA 950. It's a terrible experience with minecraft. Especially paired with a P4.

My personal recommended minimum specs to enjoy Minecraft.

CPU: Intel or AMD Dual core
    RAM: 2GB
    GPU: Intel HD (1st Gen)/ Radeon 4200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

I have an asus x44h but even on the lowest minecraft settings it's laggy and slow, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Tweej wrote: »
    I have an asus x44h but even on the lowest minecraft settings it's laggy and slow, any suggestions?
    Optifine really helps out and speeds up things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement