Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flex Gym & Fitness

Options
  • 20-09-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Can anyone give me any info about what this gym is like.

I have the leaflet they sent out, so I know the price, location etc.

I'm basically just wondering how good the staff are, how big the place is and how busy it is. It looks pretty small, and going by the photos on the website and leaflet, there only looks like there are about 4 of each machine. I don't want to spend half my time there queuing for machines.

If anyone knows the times of the classes, that would also be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

basically the classes are extra

there is rarely queues for machines as most members are in there to lift weights (fellas) as the gym has a squat rack and lots of bench presses unlike most other gyms in town

I also know that they give a free trial session, and you can pay as you go, weekly, monthly etc

as with all gyms - it gets busier at certain times of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I've been going for a few weeks. Its not bad. Very handy that you can pay weekly. I would recommend trying to steer clear of peak times though if at all possible as it gets pretty hot in there and there's no air con. I usually head down about 8.30-9 pm. Its good value for money. As the previous poster said there's a lot of weight lifters that go there but they seem to use a different section of the gym. The staff are quite friendly and I have found if you want to ask advice they will help you. Worth trying it for a couple of weeks to see if you like it. €15 for a weeks membership is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I gave it a go, it seems to be a good well equipped gym, if you know what you are doing. Teeny bit intimidating for me! It is great that you can pay by the week though, the cash flow ain't what it used to be in my house!

Is there a charge for the classes on top of membership fee?

Advertisement