Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board member of NCA associated with strike off listed company

Options
  • 20-09-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I have just been informed that Operative Training Services LTD, have been according to the companies Registration office website, been strike off listed. It is my understanding that one of the board members of the NCA was a director with this company. In the past the same person may have used OTS Ltd for a while as well. I can find no details on OTS LTD,

Does anyone know why this company is strike off listed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

If a company is no longer trading and has no debts, it can apply for a voluntary strike off. Rules changed about 4 weeks ago that makes it easier for non trading companies to request a strike off.
    In this case, all accounts seem up go date, so no negatives here based on cro forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't see a Consumer Issue here. Moved to Entrprenurial & Business Management

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The company seems to have had a poor record on submission of accounts etc., and it looks like they owe a set of 2009 accounts and probably an annual return on the face of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Munster64

B47 NOTICE(LETTER) OF RESIGNATION OF AUDITOR

I noticed the Auditor resigned recently, is it normal that an auditor resigns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Munster64 wrote: »
    B47 NOTICE(LETTER) OF RESIGNATION OF AUDITOR

I noticed the Auditor resigned recently, is it normal that an auditor resigns?

Is there a point to this thread - do you have an issue that you need info on or are you simply hoping there's something up?

If a company has a small turnover (less than €3m I think) and files returns on time, audited account are not needed - hence an auditor would not be needed.

If you need more info, you could call the ODCE and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

maxer68 wrote: »
    Is there a point to this thread - do you have an issue that you need info on or are you simply hoping there's something up?

If a company has a small turnover (less than €3m I think) and files returns on time, audited account are not needed - hence an auditor would not be needed.

If you need more info, you could call the ODCE and ask.

The best thing that he can do is pay for downloading all of the CRO documents at I think €3 a pop, then he'll know more than we do.

Advertisement