Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cs 350 Aritech

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Old sysytem installed in the attic. All zoned used. Working correctly. In order to comply with current regs ...to allow for the insurance discount , I am aware that a PIR must be in the attic if the control panel is there.With no spare zones , (The upstairs windows are wired to one zone on panel it was prewired 6 windows /each 2 looped together and run back to control panel separately it would require three zones if each pair were to be wired separately) What is my cheapest option - (zone expander required i presume, you cant run two PIRS to one zone I understand to free one up)What is my best bet , cheapest with times that are in it . to bring this system to EN current standard. PS No landline ...I want to get Dialler (TXT) at same time OR would i be better off investing in new ThksMinder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your system is not up to the EN50131 standards. To bring the system up to todays standards you would need a new control panel. This will also give you extra zones as you would need the pir installed beside the control panel in the attic as it is installed outside the protected area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WayneD123

Can any one please help me ?? I disconnected my alarm from the mains and have taken out all batteries from the bell box, control panel and the key pad ... Im buying new batteries tomorrow and replacing them all .... Will i need to re programe the key pad or will all the info still be there like the user code and all still work the same ? If not what shall i do as i only live in this house the past year and have no other codes :( ?? Please help me

The programming should stay on the panel. Time and date will have to be changed. What type battery was in the keypad ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of system do you have Wayne?

Cheers thanks for the fast reply! was a small flat battery no bigger than a 5 cent coin ... Stainless steel ... Kind of like a watch battery ... It kept sayin low battery but i dodnt know witch one so i may change the lot

• Advertisement

Its a cs350 kool kid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And theres a battery in the keypad?
    Can you post a picture?

WayneD123 wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for the fast reply! was a small flat battery no bigger than a 5 cent coin ... Stainless steel ... Kind of like a watch battery ... It kept sayin low battery but i dodnt know witch one so i may change the lot

Control panel battery this would of being. A small Battery in the keypad. This I have to see :D

Will post in the mornin .. In bed at the moment :)

No bother.
    Im dying to see this.

• Advertisement

Everything should work ok when i pop in all 3 batteries and turn on mains power ?

Everything should work ok when i pop in all 3 batteries and turn on mains power ?

Depends on the battery you took out of the keypad :D

A picture shall be posted asap ... I just need to get the hang of boards i only joind today and its hard enough to work :P

altor wrote: »
    Depends on the battery you took out of the keypad :D

I don't think this is a CS350/:confused:

Jesus i hope that was a battery now and not a capacitor or something like that !! Lol :O

There should be nothing there that looks like 3 batteries..:confused:

Hopefully all will be revealed tomorrow :D
    Could be the buzzer pot ;)

altor wrote: »
    Hopefully all will be revealed tomorrow :D
    Could be the buzzer pot ;)

Please god let that be all !! Goodnite all an thanks again we shall talk tomorrow ;)

Please god let that be all !! Goodnite all an thanks again we shall talk tomorrow ;)

I would say so, it is black and when you pull it off the board it looks like a watch battery inside. Just press it back on if this is the case.

Advertisement