Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable information

• 20-09-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

As there are a lot of questions about timetables, I thought I would just put up some general information.

You can get course specific, departmental and room timetables etc at :

http://timetable.ucc.ie/

A full list of building codes is available here:

http://timetable.ucc.ie:8011/roomlist.htm

A full set of UCC campus maps is available here:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/visitors/maps/

If you've any doubts or questions about registration, module choices or any other issues ring, or call into the Students Records Office (Quad West Wing, upstairs) and absolutely do not hesitate to talk to your Department's secretary or lecturers. They're all very friendly!

Registration issues :

Undergraduates : Contact Undergraduate Admissions: Tel: 021 490 3571 | Email: admissions(at)ucc.ie
    Postgraduates: Contact the Graduate Studies Office: Tel: 021 490 2876 | Email: graduatestudies(at)ucc.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Could this not have gone in the timetables thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Eh, thanks for your little virtual slap in the face. The aim of the post was to be helpful to freshers, not to upset the natural order of things on the forum!

However, the Timetables thread is a load of random questions about timetables.

There needs to be a sticky as people are opening loads of threads looking for very basic information about registration / timetables.

I answered two threads on this stuff already.

I thought an actual timetable basic info post might be of use to some students who were a bit lost/confused!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Solair wrote: »
    Eh, thanks for your little virtual slap in the face. The aim of the post was to be helpful to freshers, not to upset the natural order of things on the forum!

However, the Timetables thread is a load of random questions about timetables.

There needs to be a sticky as people are opening loads of threads looking for very basic information about registration / timetables.

I answered two threads on this stuff already.

I thought an actual timetable basic info post might be of use to some students who were a bit lost/confused!!

Wow "virtual slap". Get over yourself. I was pointing out a simple thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Wow "virtual slap". Get over yourself. I was pointing out a simple thing.

Forget it! I read your post in a short grumpy tone. Perhaps it was unintended.

I had gone to considerable effort digging out those contact details and was basically told why did you bother posting that here and was kinda thinking "why did I bother".

Anyway, 'nuff said. Perhaps I misread you.

This is why we usually leave board editorial stuff to mods.

Can we shake hands and make up ? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

To be honest, I had thought of doing something similiar, but there should be no need - once the students go to their initial lecture, they are told about where everything is being held for the rest of the year. Most of it is covered on the timetable thread; very easy to search a keyword in it, so I can see both sides of the argument. I don't see anything else being contributed with this now that initial lectures are over, so I'm locking it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement