Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OVO blue heifer

• 20-09-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Had A Lim bull broke in to 18 month old heifers yesterday.
    The heifer he bulled was an OVO blue X hereford.
    She is a big enough but was wondering what ye think of them as a replacement?
    Should I let her run or inject?
    Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If she's lucky with you, she could be a top of the range cow.

Do you know anything about the Lim bull? Do you use him on heifers or is he a Xbred bull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

+1
    Chances are she will be a super cow. OVO daughters are one of the best calvers, according to his figures. The hereford will add milk too, so fingers crossed.
    If you don't want her, you might get a few offers from lads here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

It was not my bull - the neighbours.
    He only bought it this year but is meant to be easy calving.I will get talking to him at the weekend to find out exact lines of it.
    Only worry I would have is having to ring vet at 3am to cut out calf, wouldnt like that.

ELP wrote: »
    Only worry I would have is having to ring vet at 3am to cut out calf, wouldnt like that.

Never fear the wall that shakes!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

were you intending to keep her???

• Advertisement

flatout11 wrote: »
    were you intending to keep her???

I could probably come up with €500 (or maybe a shake more) and relieve you of all worry:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

Bizzum wrote: »
    I could probably come up with €500 (or maybe a shake more) and relieve you of all worry:D
    are you one of the monaghanese.....;)
    she would make a nice throw next year as a springer!!!

flatout11 wrote: »
    are you one of the monaghanese.....;)

Nah, I'm just being Offaly nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

Im always looking for a few replacements I think you have made you my mind.
    Her mother is a very quiet and fertile cow just wasnt sure of OVO.
    Thanks for the replies she will be a keeper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP I reckon you'll be ok, you have the date she is due so keep her on bareish ground for six wks before she calves

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement