Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

nope. all ok here.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

ok here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cheers guys.

I can't login into my a/c now, it says the password is wrong, even though it isn't.

try a password recovery maybe;

https://www.facebook.com/recover.php

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    try a password recovery maybe;

https://www.facebook.com/recover.php

Thanks, I tried that, and still haven't gotten a text message or an email :(

• Advertisement

Your email should have gotten a message to say the password has been changed and providing a link in case it wasn't you that changed it. Check spam folder, etc... in case its arrived.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Your email should have gotten a message to say the password has been changed and providing a link in case it wasn't you that changed it. Check spam folder, etc... in case its arrived.
    Checked my email several time, logged out, then logged in again and it still hasn't arrived.

I am signed up to receive text messages if/when my password has changed, but I didn't get any texts either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Facebook have been pushing through updates and new features it seems. I can log in but can't post updates or links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Has anyone the problem with

You appear offline to your friends and they appear offline to you.

Like certain ppl i can see are online but the ones that i know who are online bookface tells me there are not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Its working for me but they've changed around the news feed to an incredibly annoying new layout. I really wish they'd stop f*cking around with the site because every update lately has been atrocious. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good lord but this new layout is pure piss.

Reviving the Google+ account now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

I'm having the same issue as OP i'm kind of afraid my account may have been hacked:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

all working fine here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm getting that fb page. It was fine up to about an hour ago but somehow an old fb identity that I would really like to get rid of keeps substituting itself for the one I want to use, and I cannot see how to get back. I did close it once, but it opened again.

If I try to get rid of the old fb it comes up with windows that I have to tick that leave me open to more hassle. It is totally irritating.

I would really rather not use fb at all but a social group I belong to communicates through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Happens often enough - presume that they are doing something techie.

You could subscribe to receive e-mails from the group save you having to go into FB all the time.

BrianD wrote: »
    Happens often enough - presume that they are doing something techie.

You could subscribe to receive e-mails from the group save you having to go into FB all the time.

That 's not the point. It keeps returning me to an account I want to cancel, but every time I try to get back in with the account I want to use it switches back to re-open the dud one. Why can you not totally completely and utterly get rid of a fb account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You can.

http://www.facebook.com/help/search/?q=how+do+i+delete+my+account
    If you do not think you will use Facebook again and would like your account deleted, keep in mind that you will not be able to reactivate your account or retrieve any of the content or information you have added. If you would like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, log in to your account and then submit your request here.

Thanks, I am finally back into the page I was in some hours ago. I have no idea why it changed identity, I didn't change anything, hopefully the old one will now go away and stop annoying me. I had not spotted the difference between deactivate and delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, they seem to like to try to keep that hidden if they can.

Arrgh. I turned on my computer this morning, went to the facebook page and it asked for my password. I entered the new one, the one that was , I thought, completely unconnected with the old identity, and up came the old identity, linked to the wrong email and refusing the new password. I had asked it to keep me signed in when I finally got to the correct arrangement last night, but it has gone back to the old one.

It does not accept the delete for two weeks, it is only deactivated for that time, so it looks as though all I can do is delete it again then stay off facebook for two weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Facebook down again since 12ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,145 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm getting this now (Chrome, Win XP)

"No data received
    Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."

Never seen a message like that before ... any clues???

Advertisement