Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baikal over and under shtgun - recoile damper/dampner

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

The father has asked where to get these in Ireland. Tried the balbriggan gun club but no luck - anybody any suggestions and rough prices?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it just a reoil pad you're looking for?

If so you will find any dealer in the country usually stocks some sort of pad from the standard screw on type;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT15Lj9bTUD4EY986mis0oja2IAdcMj0N-3NhjHggzTQtJPECM
    To the over the stock brand;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjv2lQIOFE_G_P54eyXEAj4qebbvc51F90CG-CNqvVglBTA86ctg

To the adjustable systems;
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDbD4-Tevtz2R6WubrY82cDz7Cm0IDg9NBdTlm8dZjOkqzV8U4w

Usual price can go from €10 to €60 for the branded makes such as Beretta. So its really just a matter of choice. If you're not in form for looking around dealers then simply check ebay. Loads there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Ideo wrote: »
    The father has asked where to get these in Ireland. Tried the balbriggan gun club but no luck - anybody any suggestions and rough prices?

It was nice to meet your Dad today,

We offered him a kick-eez pad for his Baikal, (best pad available IMHO) but he appeared to have his mind made up on something resembling a hydraulic damper system. These are available, but are approximately 5 times the cost of the current value of his gun......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

appreciate the two replies lads. I'll point him in the direction of the responses and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, has your father thought about a PAST recoil pad? Many shooters I know, of all kinds, use one of these nifty items to reduce the felt recoil from shooting extended series of shots..

Pretty good prices, too.

I use one when I'm shooting prone LR BP rifle - a 600gr bullet is pretty hard on the older shoulder when you are lying down.

tac

Advertisement