Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal waiting time to see neurologist?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Just made an appointment today - earliest available to see neuropligist privately was mid November. Is that the norm?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Mid November? that's a stones throw away. Go public and you are looking at approx 2 years. Sounds like you're very lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

ChewChew wrote: »
    Mid November? that's a stones throw away. Go public and you are looking at approx 2 years. Sounds like you're very lucky!!

I suppose I should have made clear that I am wondering if that is a normal wait for a private patient. I am very aware that the wait for a public patient is impossibly long!

Would welcome experience from anyone who was seeking a private appointment + waiting times?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

I think that was what i had to wait but it got a bit quicker when my problems worsened and we had no idea what the cause was, but I still had to wait approx 5 weeks. You could also get your doc to ring around to other Neurologist to see who could take you soonest.
    There are only a few and are very busy from what i can see at all times. I was also a private patient. Hope it turns out to be nothing too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

I think that is quite normal for a first visit. I was waiting about six weeks for mine, private patient. At the same time we also made an appointment with a public neurologist and we got an appointment for nearly exactly 13 months to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nyberg

I see a neurologist in London and waiting time is 1 week :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you phone the neurologist's secretary and say that you'll take a cancellation it could shorten the waiting time a lot.

Advertisement