Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate scumbags...

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

So, after watching the Dubs win on Sunday, we left Croke Park to celebrate with a few quiet drinks. Nothing too hectic but the win was worth celebrating. We met some really nice Kerry fans along the way and all seemed well.

I left early enough to go home but some of the lads hung around for a few more. Later that evening, one of my friends, the least threatening guy you could come across, was attacked in a random act of violence in the city centre. It all happened so quickly, he doesn't know exactly how, but he took a blow to the head from some lunatic and fell to the ground, smacking his head off the pavement.

The scumbag ran away, presumably quite proud of himself...maybe not though.

My friend spent the night in A&E, had five stitches to his face, a swollen jaw and plenty of bad memories from what should have been a great evening.

Recently, we have travelled to Poland, Germany, Spain and haven't encountered any problems...on our own doorstep though, this gob****e was he'll bent on doing someone damage...wtf?:mad:

On the off chance that the scumbag is able to read, and reads this, would he kindly explain what was going through his mind when he attacked my mate? Are you the sort to pick on someone for the sake of it? Coud you try to explain why anyone would this?

Basically, not cool...:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

And they are getting worse, cnuts, they just don't care, they seem to have a free reign and i think out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Ya, I was camping once only to wake up to banging on the tent. I poked my head outside only to get bait around the head with a bar. The ***** ran off laughing. Fortunately one of my mates woke up and gave his parents a call and they picked us up, left the tent as it was covered in blood (seriously destroyed in the stuff). We came back the next day to see the tents and they'd taken one and ripped the other to ****.

So yeah, scumbags suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 liza221xd

Its sad to read a story like this, especially when Sunday was such a great day for Dublin. Its shocking to see how people don't have any respect anymore for anyone or anything. People like that are parasites on our society something needs to be done to change this! I hope your friend recovers. x

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

tell me about, my brother (harmless, aint the word)got a punch in the face in carlow at 3 '0 clock in the afternoon by some random scumbag while walking through the town.Never a guard when you want one, but thats another topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

They always come calling 'round asking to buy a jeep I have and they just don't seem to take no for an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Find out where he lives. Get a few buddies and a sheet of paper. Then call round and hold his mother in the kitchen while waving said piece of paper telling her its a warrant while ye knock the sh1te out him with batons. It will help if you are dressed as some sort of authority figures.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Two complete scumbags stole and burnt out my car the weekend before last.:mad:

I used to be pretty "bleeding heart" about "deprived" people. Now I'm much less so. Hard measures are needed to tackle this scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Seachmall wrote: »
    Ya, I was camping once only to wake up to banging on the tent. I poked my head outside only to get bait around the head with a bar. The ***** ran off laughing. Fortunately one of my mates woke up and gave his parents a call and they picked us up, left the tent as it was covered in blood (seriously destroyed in the stuff). We came back the next day to see the tents and they'd taken one and ripped the other to ****.

So yeah, scumbags suck.

Someone had a story here before about the scumfest known as Oxegen. Scummers were jumping on tents to destroy them, someone put a brick in theirs and the scummer jumped on it.
    Stories about scummers doing scummy stuff are annoying and depressing, any good revenge stories would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Was the scumbag ok? I presume the HSE has sent social workers around to comfort him? Some of these people have to go home to their taxpayer funded apartments in the city centre, with their taxpayer funded big-screen TVs, and their taxpayer funded dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was the offender a disgruntled Kerry fan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Dublin fans for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Was the offender a disgruntled Kerry fan?
    Lol...I seriously doubt it. Any Kerry fans I know have too much class for this. I suspect the scumbag may not have even known the was a match on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

So yeah, scumbags suck.

Where the hell were you camping? Dominick Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

That's absolutely disgusting OP. Hope there's some chance of CCTV.

I'm sure people who do this sort of thing have to be off their heads on something.
    A lot of people on here are supportive of certain illegal substances but when you see this side of drug taking I can't see how anyone could condone it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Where the hell were you camping? Dominick Street?

Miltown Malby during Willie Clancy week. A few nights earlier a fella who works with my mate got attacked and a girl I went to school with also got a smack. To be fair it's not a bad spot but there's definitely not enough of a garda presence.

No bleeding heart liberals yet, deprived upbringing my bollox and even if that is a valid excuse I don't care I just want them locked up, with their petty vandalism to their serious crime, they really do destroy the quality of life in this city (Dublin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I remember in stayed in Othello House in Lower Gardiner Street (in Dublin) 3 years ago.

It was around 8PM, early september and I went out to get a turkey sandwich from centra. This typical looking scumbag (7-8 stone, 5 foot 6, big hoodie on) said "He's got shoulders, height, but i'd stab him and take everything" while on the other side of the street with another scummer.

Nothing happened but it just goes to show. BTW i'm making this post as the OP said his friends was attacking in Dublin. I have had many incidents over the years in Cork. Threatened with weapons, I fought them, etc, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

That's absolutely disgusting OP. Hope there's some chance of CCTV.

What does it matter anymore? The guy could have been wearing a nametag and have given you a card with his address on it. The system is stacked in favour of the scum at this stage, that's why they are becoming more prevalent.

If it ends up in court he'll be the victim, not your buddy. Social workers and hand wringing all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

There is no point trying to understand the mind of a scumbag.We all have our stories about them and there antics.I feel the law could be more harsh on these c*nts, all they get is a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It just gets worse and worse. Can't do anything good in this country without someone trying to ruin it! Pretty much every mass celebration gets hijacked by skangers and scumbags - I hate going to town (Dublin) on Paddy's Day now, it gets so messy by 6pm, let alone later!

I love the type of fiestas and fêtes they have in Spain and France - big festivals with street parties, bands, carnivals, everyone out in the streets meeting friends etc. - but we just couldn't do it on that scale here without huge Garda presence :(:mad:

• Advertisement

What does it matter anymore? The guy could have been wearing a nametag and have given you a card with his address on it. The system is stacked in favour of the scum at this stage, that's why they are becoming more prevalent.

If it ends up in court he'll be the victim, not your buddy. Social workers and hand wringing all round.

Exactly that is what has changed, they know there are little consequences for their actions. I grew up in a tough area, I have known scumbags but they are saints compared to the breed that we have now.

They know they wont do time, or much time, they know a criminal record will not make a difference to their loser lives and they know they will have the dole and the social for the rest of their days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

4leto wrote: »
    No bleeding heart liberals yet, deprived upbringing my bollox and even if that is a valid excuse I don't care I just want them locked up, with their petty vandalism to their serious crime, they really do destroy the quality of life in this city (Dublin).

Dont worry, the bleeding heart brigade will be on soon enough id reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You dont understand, they come from broken homes with alcoholic mothers, they didnt get the right chances in school if they didnt conform they would be ostricised they..... Who are my kidding it dosent matter how your raised these people are just scum to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I agree.

A Garda arrived on the scene and all but admitted that there was nothing she could do. No CCTV as yet, but CCTV only seems to work with parking offences and speeding...not more violent crime like this!

Interestingly, despite the fact that someone else called for an ambulance, she said there was no hope of one arriving unless she called for it...speaks volumes.

On the upside, it could have been worse...at least he is recovering and is quite philosophical about it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Friend of mine got attacked in Dublin a few years back for no reason. Just walking from the pub back to gfs house with the gf and a few mates. They came out of a park and went for him, gf could just scream and watch while he gets the **** kicked out of him on the ground, think she got a whack too trying to stop them, obviously the mates who were walking a bit ahead of them come to his help but the scumbags managed to grab his wallet...he had just taken out spending money earlier that day for his holiday a few days later, spent the night in a&e, cue him going to the airport a few days later with money handouts from friends and family and sunglasses covering his massive black eye.

He wouldnt hurt a fly, like the OPs mate its just so difficult to understand why this sort of thing happens to good people.

I agree.

A Garda arrived on the scene and all but admitted that there was nothing she could do. No CCTV as yet, but CCTV only seems to work with parking offences and speeding...not more violent crime like this!

Interestingly, despite the fact that someone else called for an ambulance, she said there was no hope of one arriving unless she called for it...speaks volumes.

On the upside, it could have been worse...at least he is recovering and is quite philosophical about it all...

Well to be honest it doesn't work it is seldom used in evidence, all the crim has to say is nah that's not me it may look like me but no. And there is nothing they can do to prove it is them.

But new facial recognition tech is coming soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I agree.

I know a few cops and they are hugely frustrated with the current situation. They are basically prevented from doing their jobs because of a combination of cuts and the fact that they have to handle these scummers with kid gloves or face disciplinary action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm pretty damn liberal when it comes to laws and stuff but when it comes to unprovoked violence there is just no better alternative to the rapid incarceration of these bastards in a secure location to protect the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

They don't need to come on, they retreat to their gated houses in D4 and pat themselves on the back for all the "equality" and "inclusiveness" they have fostered. Judges get their chauffeurs to come around and drive them back behind their big walls in Enniskerry.

When the bleeding heart politicians start proposing we build halting sites and massive social housing in Foxrock, then I'll have a bit of respect for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Miltown Malby during Willie Clancy week. A few nights earlier a fella who works with my mate got attacked and a girl I went to school with also got a smack. To be fair it's not a bad spot but there's definitely not enough of a garda presence.

Yeah, It's the main time of the year for inbred locals to get their revenge on all those clever city people..That'll learn em..

Advertisement