Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate scumbags...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I know a few cops and they are hugely frustrated with the current situation.

me too.
    i havent lived in dublin in a few years....but i remember when i did, i used to meet my oul fella out near the m50 in finglas, to get a lift home for the weekend. So was at this petrol station in finglas, sitting waiting, and this little ****, no more than 13-14 comes up with an empty heineken bottle 'gimme yir fone or i'll glass ye'
    i didnt even see him coming and instinctively grabbed his arm to stop him swinging....eventually forced him into the road (wasnt much traffic....i was lucky/unlucky - delete as applicable). little sh1t ran off then
    Staff in the petrol station saw it happening, came out, took me inside, gave me coffee. they knew who it was, off duty cop shows up, took the details and i went home.
    doubt anything more happened to the young fella. i jsut couldnt bel;ieve the audacity of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

OP, where did this happen?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

There's never enough support for Law & Order so the Politicians don't push for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I was only saying this to a mate of mine, I was up in Ballymun renewing my licence, there was a building site beside the centre for years, obviously the building was cancelled. So the corpo landscaped it put a bit of street furniture in the area and a few trees.

But there it was, the trees up rooted, the bench and pathway grafitied, and junkies lolled out on the bench. The same with the stardust memorial park, the scumbags almost have that hijacked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

OP, where did this happen?
    Near Trinity College...

• Advertisement

And it really is true 99% of the people are sound it is just a tiny minority that ruins this city (Dublin) for us all. Even with the All Ireland yesterday you could see the little reprobates looking to cause some trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

We need a sterilization scheme for these scummers.
    It'll save the HSE in less AnE bills and will save the tax payer money waste on their dole, housing estate etc.

Dublin really isn't very safe anymore. Like Trinity College is in the middle of the bloody city!! I've heard people get smacked and kicked by scummers on O'Connell st and by the Quays.
    Let alone the more dodgy parts of the city. They're bloody everywhere. Once tried to steal my mates BMX too and there are countless stories of them doing this crap in what one would consider the wealthier and safer parts of the city...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

That's absolutely disgusting OP. Hope there's some chance of CCTV.

I'm sure people who do this sort of thing have to be off their heads on something.
    A lot of people on here are supportive of certain illegal substances but when you see this side of drug taking I can't see how anyone could condone it!

Why bring drugs into it when there was no evidence of drug taking, a scumbag will be a scumbag regardless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

BlueBaron wrote: »
    Why bring drugs into it when there was no evidence of drug taking, a scumbag will be a scumbag regardless!

Drugs often make them more scummy than they are without them.

• Advertisement

BlueBaron wrote: »

A lot of them get drunk or take drugs during the middle of the day and become even more lethal...

If you ever come across one in St. Annes park or even in Stephen Green park sometimes...

Even my bike, they tried to rob it a few weeks ago, I spent extra cash on getting the best lightest bike I could afford, now my lock because of the scummers nearly weighs more then the bike.

So so their new target is smart phones they are on push bikes (probably robbed) stalking their victims and snatching them from their hands.

You really have to worry about everything you own because of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Unfortunately the US has shown than incarceration doesn't help. It makes it worse.

I have a cheap, one shot, remedy which takes care of the problem. Once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Dublin fans for you.

Leave it out will ya. Thats a really dumb post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

noxqs wrote: »
    I have a cheap, one shot, remedy which takes care of the problem. Once and for all.

One shot head shot :P

Also the countless stories of kitesurfers getting their cars broken into on dollymount beach... Now I feel anxious to leave my car on the beach and go for a little jog/run...

Like I remember 4-5yrs ago it wasn't this bad. Back then I used to walk through all parts of Dublin (didn't have a car and had lots of free time to wander around town) and I used to carry a lot of crap with me and felt fairly safe. Also the scumbags weren't as bad, they were still annoying and a menace but not as lethal. Like you still had to be careful around them but if you joke around with them a bit, they'ld be alrite. Whereas now they seem to just smack people and steal their stuff...

Worse is the Gards don't seem to give a crap about this problem. They don't take the scummers seriously at all and will rarely bother doing anything if you get into trouble with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cyclingrules

One of my friends was walking under the Central Bank alone one evening, and a scumbag stopped him, said he had a needle and told him to hand over his phone.

My friend knocked him out with one punch, and carried on his journey. Funniest thing I had heard in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I say we bring back public beatings.

If they were getting flogged in the street in front of hundreds of people,
    they might think about doing the same again.

Plus the public would be more aware of who they are.

Flogging, or firing lines, I'd be happy with either.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I say we bring back public beatings.

If they were getting flogged in the street in front of hundreds of people,
    they might think about doing the same again.

Plus the public would be more aware of who they are.

Flogging, or firing lines, I'd be happy with either.

Better if the public can take part in it and get creative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Seachmall wrote: »
    Miltown Malby during Willie Clancy week. A few nights earlier a fella who works with my mate got attacked and a girl I went to school with also got a smack. To be fair it's not a bad spot but there's definitely not enough of a garda presence.

I'm actually from the area itself and I can tell you Willie Clancy week has become nothing but trouble the last few years. These days it's nothing but an excuse for people to spend an entire week on the piss and acting the cnut. To be fair a good chuck of visitors are grand, but it seems to be drawing more and more pissheads every year, that along with some of the local no-hopers thrown in, ruins it for everyone else.

There are also one or two places to avoid while your there, if you or anyone else here plans on heading there (or in your case again) shoot me a PM and I'll let ye know what spots. Don't want to name names on a public forum.

Most locals dread the fcuking thing these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Garda: Man stabbed in unprovoked attack on Cork quay

A MAN on his way to work yesterday morning was violently stabbed by a man carrying a screwdriver in an unprovoked attack near Cork City Hall, it was alleged in court yesterday.

At Cork District Court, Desmond O’Reilly, aged 46, of 2 Park View, Victoria Road, Cork city, was charged with assault causing harm at Terence McSwiney Quay, Cork, on a man who is aged around 40.

Judge David Riordan asked for an outline of what was alleged against O’Reilly.

The arresting officer, Garda Gearóid Whelton, said it was alleged that this was a completely unprovoked assault on a member of the public on his way to work. "It is alleged that the defendant confronted him on the quay and started to verbally abuse him. He began to ring gardaí for assistance when it is alleged that the defendant took out a screwdriver and stabbed him a couple of times in a completely unprovoked assaulted at 7.30am."

Judge Riordan asked if the parties had known each prior to the alleged incident and Garda Whelton said they had not.

There was no Garda objection to the accused man being remanded on bail but they wanted conditions attached to the bail.

Judge Riordan remanded the accused on his own bail of €1,000 on Inspector Bill Duane’s application to put it back for directions from the DPP.

The bail conditions include signing on daily at Anglesea Street Garda Station, a curfew to stay at home between 10pm and 9am and have no contact direct or indirect with the alleged complainant.

O’Reilly is also required to stay away from the City Hall area, particularly by the quays.

O’Reilly was represented on free legal aid by solicitor, Pat Horan, who said the accused was originally from Co Westmeath and had been living in Cork for the past seven years. Gardaí have asked witnesses to this alleged incident to call Anglesea Street Garda Station.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-man-stabbed-in-unprovoked-attack-on-cork-quay-166623.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leave it out will ya. Thats a really dumb post.

He'll probably ''Thinkaboutit''

I'll get my coat..

CorkMan wrote: »

Mother of Gawd

One thing I am getting from this thread is we are all very sick of them and the usual liberal excuses wont cut it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Lol...I seriously doubt it. Any Kerry fans I know have too much class for this. I suspect the scumbag may not have even known the was a match on...

Devils Advocate - they could have been from Tralee.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

noxqs wrote: »
    Unfortunately the US has shown than incarceration doesn't help. It makes it worse.

That depends on what you expect from incarceration. If you expect the brats to finish their sentences in some sort of saintly, reformed state then no- incarceration does not help. If you expect the brats to be off the street and in some sort of discomfort for the duration of their sentence, then yes- incarceration does work.
    The liberalist agenda hates prisons and police. They have discredited the whole prison system because they have forced their agenda on populist media that it should be a system of reform not punishment. Prisons are not there to reform people, they are there to punish and disincentivise crime. Expecting a prison to make someone better is like expecting your iron to brush your teeth.
    Prisons are not working because there are not enough of them, sentences are not long enough and prisoners are afforded too many rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Eventually this is going to lead to a climax which could have been dealt with ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Scumbags put in their place by cage fighters dressed as transvestites (from about 1.16).

amjon. wrote: »
    That depends on what you expect from incarceration. If you expect the brats to finish their sentences in some sort of saintly, reformed state then no- incarceration does not help. If you expect the brats to be off the street and in some sort of discomfort for the duration of their sentence, then yes- incarceration does work.
    The liberalist agenda hates prisons and police. They have discredited the whole prison system because they have forced their agenda on populist media that it should be a system of reform not punishment. Prisons are not there to reform people, they are there to punish and disincentivise crime. Expecting a prison to make someone better is like expecting your iron to brush your teeth.
    Prisons are not working because there are not enough of them, sentence are not long enough and prisoners are afforded too many rights.

Post of the week and even if hard time isn't a deterrent and doesn't work at least they get suitably punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

With all honesty, can everyone in Ireland say that they have never done something which others may label (or generalise in the case of After Hours) scumbaggery?

I've behaved in a scumbag-like way in the past. I've never started a fight or attacked someone but I have had drunken fun at other people's expense. Who couldn't say something similar in this drink-centric culture of ours? For those of you who don't drink, I salute you, but you can hardly say that you've never done something in the past which others may have had reason to call you a scumbag.

A teetotaller/drunk who votes FG/FF can be described a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who broke a red light (either on bike or car) can be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who stole your regular seat on the bus can even be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes!!!!!

I'm sorry to go all Jesus on you but he who is without sin, cast the first stone traffic cone! Also see Adrian Kennedy 2:17 "I'm a scumbag.....I'M A SCUMBAG??? YORE a fcuking scumbag!!!!"

[Insert Jean Luc Picard Facepalm here]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

great bunch a lads

Advertisement