Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate scumbags...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Ah reading these stories i thank god i'm 6ft 3 and built like a brick **** house. never have any problems from scum bags. I don't think I could let a scumbag away with assaulting me if it ever happened, I'd probably spend a very long time in prison for what i'd do to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

OP you should stay away from Navan then- knacker nexus over here
    Eventually this is going to lead to a climax which could have been dealt with ages ago.

Pfft...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

With all honesty, can everyone in Ireland say that they have never done something which others may label (or generalise in the case of After Hours) scumbaggery?

I've behaved in a scumbag-like way in the past. I've never started a fight or attacked someone but I have had drunken fun at other people's expense. Who couldn't say something similar in this drink-centric culture of ours? For those of you who don't drink, I salute you, but you can hardly say that you've never done something in the past which others may have had reason to call you a scumbag.

A teetotaller/drunk who votes FG/FF can be described a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who broke a red light (either on bike or car) can be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who stole your regular seat on the bus can even be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes!!!!!

I'm sorry to go all Jesus on you but he who is without sin, cast the first stone traffic cone! Also see Adrian Kennedy 2:17 "I'm a scumbag.....I'M A SCUMBAG??? YORE a fcuking scumbag!!!!"

[Insert Jean Luc Picard Facepalm here]

Spot the guy who's never had any dealings with actual scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Prison does not absolutely work for them, epsecially if they get sent to the "nicer" prisons. The prison in my hometown is practically a hotel; they go in, fed like kings (more often than not they come out tubby), gain contacts and buddies, etc, all of which just puts prison as a minor inconvenience and the mentality that they're "Well hard for doing time". I've met utter scumbags who go under this mentality and have been locked up for nothing more than not paying tax on their car and just hand themselves in to pay off the fine.

It's like a rite of passage to some fùckers.
    With all honesty, can everyone in Ireland say that they have never done something which others may label (or generalise in the case of After Hours) scumbaggery?

I've behaved in a scumbag-like way in the past. I've never started a fight or attacked someone but I have had drunken fun at other people's expense. Who couldn't say something similar in this drink-centric culture of ours? For those of you who don't drink, I salute you, but you can hardly say that you've never done something in the past which others may have had reason to call you a scumbag.

A teetotaller/drunk who votes FG/FF can be described a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who broke a red light (either on bike or car) can be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes. A teetotaller/drunk who stole your regular seat on the bus can even be described as a scumbag in many people's eyes!!!!!

I'm sorry to go all Jesus on you but he who is without sin, cast the first stone traffic cone! Also see Adrian Kennedy 2:17 "I'm a scumbag.....I'M A SCUMBAG??? YORE a fcuking scumbag!!!!"

You've obviously never dealt with an actual "scumbag" on the streets, have you?

People who don't give a shìt what happens to you and would crack you over the head / stab you for nothing more than silly possessions / feed their ego. The same type who don't give a shìt about prison, who have no career or goal in life other than to get quick cash by any means and live out the thug / gang mentality.

Comparing a complete waste of oxygen who is a danger to everybody to someone who runs a red light is daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Ah reading these stories i thank god i'm 6ft 3 and built like a brick **** house. never have any problems from scum bags. I don't think I could let a scumbag away with assaulting me if it ever happened, I'd probably spend a very long time in prison for what i'd do to them.

It doesn't matter how big you are when there's 5 or 6 of them. Cowards like this never attack alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Spot the guy who's never had any dealings with actual scumbags.
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    Prison does not absolutely work for them, epsecially if they get sent to the "nicer" prisons. The prison in my hometown is practically a hotel; they go in, fed like kings (more often than not they come out tubby), gain contacts and buddies, etc, all of which just puts prison as a minor inconvenience and the mentality that they're "Well hard for doing time". I've met utter scumbags who go under this mentality and have been locked up for nothing more than not paying tax on their car and just hand themselves in to pay off the fine.

It's like a rite of passage to some fùckers.

You've obviously never dealt with an actual "scumbag" on the streets, have you?

People who don't give a shìt what happens to you and would crack you over the head / stab you for nothing more than silly possessions / feed their ego. The same type who don't give a shìt about prison, who have no career or goal in life other than to get quick cash by any means and live out the thug / gang mentality.

Comparing a complete waste of oxygen who is a danger to everybody to someone who runs a red light is daft.

I'm kind of ashamed for actually responding to such accusations....seeing as I do live in Dublin and all. And probably an area which may be labelled rough in this sad excuse for reasonable debate.

I'm not going to go into each and every encounter that I've had with people who are slapped with this label every day in this forum. I have been accosted by heroin users, I have spoken with traffic offenders. That is all....thanks for the label btw! Humanists one and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Sorry, I'm not going to make an ammendment to my original post.....before I get asked "how do I know they were heroin users?" one of the many guys who has approached me with a knife was one of my good buddies from school who took to the stuff.

I'm not going to call him or anyone else in a similar situation a scumbag as that is completely wrong. This country and the people who run it are the scumbags if a gun were put to my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Can't say I've ever participated in an unprovoked attack on someone,
    which is the point of the thread.

Slicing someone across the face with a stanley knife is slightly different to stealing traffic cones on a drunken night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

[Insert Jean Luc Picard Facepalm here]

You arsehole, A challenge, a thought experiment, you gather them in your educational scheme, and you will find they will come out the same. I have no idea what makes the ferrel little ****ers but I have little doubt I will have to deal with them at some stage. There is no reformation, just pure selfishness and a predatory something, perhaps respect among their peers, I don't know, but I do know i am sick of them. I can't afford them.

So take a camera and take pictures of them,CLOSE UP, and if you live through the experience. I will pay for your new camera. I promise, because with scumbags there is no responsibility just a guttural instant pleasure, a power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I have travelled all over the world for many years and while it is true that this kind of thing happens in almost EVERY country its actually crazy how much more frequently it occurs in the UK and Ireland. In all the travelling I have done I have only experienced any kind of social problem TWICE! Once in Sweden and once in Amsterdam. The first occurred late at night outside a shop and the second in broad daylight in a city park.. no punches thrown just 2 scumbags trying to mug me and some friends. However in Ireland I was mugged a few times a year while walking to school and often stopped and accosted around my housing estate and around my town. Tralee has a reputation for being a hive of scumbaggery but what ive seen in Dublin especially actually shocks me. This country is utterly overran with sub human swine and their existence and behaviour is as solid an argument AGAINST evolution if I have ever seen one. They are regressing into cavemen.. though i hazard a guess that cavemen had more class than these scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I was getting the number 2 bus in Cork one Friday evening.
    Two mid-thirty year old "walking dead" scumbag veterans happened to recognise each other.
    One guy pronounced he was just out of the 'Joy. 18 months. :cool:

Now if I spent 18 months in prison, I'd be pretty ashamed. Never mind declare it without a hint of remorse in public. :(

As opposed to "I spent 18 months working hard everyday for nothin, I had barely enough to eat and I haven't seen my family in all that time. Tell you wha' I won't be gettin into f*ckin trouble anytime soon!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

chupacabra wrote: »
    I have travelled all over the world for many years and while it is true that this kind of thing happens in almost EVERY country its actually crazy how much more frequently it occurs in the UK and Ireland. In all the travelling I have done I have only experienced any kind of social problem TWICE! Once in Sweden and once in Amsterdam. The first occurred late at night outside a shop and the second in broad daylight in a city park.. no punches thrown just 2 scumbags trying to mug me and some friends. However in Ireland I was mugged a few times a year while walking to school and often stopped and accosted around my housing estate and around my town. Tralee has a reputation for being a hive of scumbaggery but what ive seen in Dublin especially actually shocks me. This country is utterly overran with sub human swine and their existence and behaviour is as solid an argument AGAINST evolution if I have ever seen one. They are regressing into cavemen.. though i hazard a guess that cavemen had more class than these scumbags.

But you have to take into account that when abroad you would most likely avoid scumbag areas where-as at home you may feel comfortable enough to pass through them. Also the population of other countries is generally much higher than here (particularly in cities) and so the odds of you being randomly victimized is much lower.

I'd imagine we're statistically on-par or close to other European countries in terms of crimes although I wouldn't mind seeing some numbers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lol...I seriously doubt it. Any Kerry fans I know have too much class for this. I suspect the scumbag may not have even known the was a match on...

Just to show you the 'class' of Kerry fans.

Was watching the match in the big tree on dorset street. One of the side doors was open to let some much needed air in. match finished fans leaving Croke park and some 'classy kerry fans' (jerseys and all) threw a glass through the door.
    Luckily it didnt hit anyone but knocked all the drinks off the table in front of the door covering all the patrons who were oblivious and looking up at the tv.

So in summation not everyone is 'classy' they're are **** everywhere not just in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Scumbags put in their place by cage fighters dressed as transvestites (from about 1.16).

Thats made my day. Watch how that bare chested runt staggers away stunned from the punch of justice! And then gets hugs all round after his ordeal, the poor lamb! :rolleyes:

Thats what these swine need, punishment not attempted reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Was down in the trip to Tipp years ago and was walking from the town towards the stadium by myself and noticed 3 guys walking towards me with one lad holding a cardboard box. As I was going by the scumbag smashed the box into my face whilst laughing and saying "here have a box".

I dont condone my actions but I was young and hot headed and was a pretty decent boxer in my day. Basically that guy got hammered. I turned after him and bet him to a pulp. His two mates turned to be all fake bravado. Dragging him away begging me to leave them alone. They were scumbags, I knew by looking at them so I didn't loose any sleep over the mess I left him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Derfil wrote: »
    Was down in the trip to Tipp years ago and was walking from the town towards the stadium by myself and noticed 3 guys walking towards me with one lad holding a cardboard box. As I was going by the scumbag smashed the box into my face whilst laughing and saying "here have a box".

I dont condone my actions but I was young and hot headed and was a pretty decent boxer in my day. Basically that guy got hammered. I turned after him and bet him to a pulp. His two mates turned to be all fake bravado. Dragging him away begging me to leave them alone. They were scumbags, I knew by looking at them so I didn't loose any sleep over the mess I left him in.

Of course you did :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

It just gets worse and worse. Can't do anything good in this country without someone trying to ruin it! Pretty much every mass celebration gets hijacked by skangers and scumbags - I hate going to town (Dublin) on Paddy's Day now, it gets so messy by 6pm, let alone later!

I love the type of fiestas and fêtes they have in Spain and France - big festivals with street parties, bands, carnivals, everyone out in the streets meeting friends etc. - but we just couldn't do it on that scale here without huge Garda presence :(:mad:

I couldn't agree more, there'll be no shortage of 'this happens everywhere' replies no doubt.
    Well I'm off the Munich for Oktoberfest next week, a completely booze centered event and let me tell you, it's a highly enjoyable, good natured, well run week of fun. I've been there several times and never seen a hint of trouble. Can you imagine cramming 8 beer halls on one site with about 2 thousand people in each if them in the center of Dublin, then feeding everybody beer by the litre? There would be facking chaos and murder!

All hail our new German overlords! Who actually can organize a piss-up in a brewery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Faith+1 wrote: »

shhhhhh ,or he'll turn after you .......:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Two complete scumbags stole and burnt out my car the weekend before last.:mad:

I used to be pretty "bleeding heart" about "deprived" people. Now I'm much less so. Hard measures are needed to tackle this scum.
    It's very easy to be sympathetic about the poor dears when they don't turn their amorality on you or yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Sorry, I'm not going to make an ammendment to my original post.....before I get asked "how do I know they were heroin users?" one of the many guys who has approached me with a knife was one of my good buddies from school who took to the stuff.

I'm not going to call him or anyone else in a similar situation a scumbag as that is completely wrong. This country and the people who run it are the scumbags if a gun were put to my head

Clearly, whatever government was in charge at the time forced your school friend to start injecting himself with heroin, which then forced him to threaten a former school friend with a knife. I hope that government is hanging its head in shame. Meanwhile, the government also forced priests to rape children, and once when I was young the government made me fall out of a tree and hurt my leg. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

wrote:
    The bail conditions include signing on daily at Anglesea Street Garda Station, a curfew to stay at home between 10pm and 9am and have no contact direct or indirect with the alleged complainant.
    How is the chap supposed to get into work in time then!!?? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Sorry to hear about your friend, OP. Fcuking scummers needs their balls ripped off and their bowels disemb'd.

I work in the city centre and every single day, while walking past Eden Quay, there's a pile of junkie scummers sitting on the boardwalk drinking, taking drugs and generally making huge nuisance of themselves and hassling people. Cops walk by, glance over to make sure they're not actually murdering anyone then continue on their merry way. Why? Ah sure they'll only do it again if we lock them up.

That Jeffrey Dahmer rascal eh? Sure no point in locking him up, he'll only cut someones head off and have sex with it again if we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Dubs + alcohol + rare sporting win = scummy behaviour.

I trust all is in order,

Sincerely,
    markesmith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Believe it or not some people can hold there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Believe it or not some people can hold there own.

Of course, except they generally don't use the words "Hammered" and "Pulp".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Maybe he is a posh fellow with boxing training.Doesn't sound out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Why wouldn't they? They're fairly common words to use when describing a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

That's absolutely disgusting OP. Hope there's some chance of CCTV.

I'm sure people who do this sort of thing have to be off their heads on something.
    A lot of people on here are supportive of certain illegal substances but when you see this side of drug taking I can't see how anyone could condone it!

He was probably out of his box on cheap cider which is perfectly legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,164 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Scumbags put in their place by cage fighters dressed as transvestites (from about 1.16).

They love there fight those Swansea boys..

Loved the city and most people are nice, but if your looking for fight its only around the corner..

but great place overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Rawhead wrote: »
    Find out where he lives. Get a few buddies and a sheet of paper. Then call round and hold his mother in the kitchen while waving said piece of paper telling her its a warrant while ye knock the sh1te out him with batons. It will help if you are dressed as some sort of authority figures.

my only issue with this method is that the beating has to be sufficient to ensure the scumbag learns his lesson, in the case being alluded to wasnt the scumbag back in prison on some other charges by the time the court case came around?

Advertisement