Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate scumbags...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

But calling for execution and sterilisation is ridiculous, and reminiscent of a certain chap with a funny moustache who believed that groups who were socially and biologically inferior should be exterminated or sterilised.

Stealth Godwin is stealthy.

In before "he was born in the wrong time/country/went after the wrong people"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

Let's look at legalising abortion. In the book "Freakonomics", it was suggested that the case of Roe vs Wade in the U.S. which opened the way for women to make that choice was the real reason for the drop in crime rates nationwide.

Little Wacker just won't get born. To add to this, I would lower the children's allowance and at the same time decrease the rate of tax for working people thereby incentivising decent people like the OP and his friend.

There has to start to be a strong disincentive to bad behaviour after all, those Welsh transvestite cage fighters can't protect us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Guess this would be a good place to post this story (if it hasn't been done so already):
    A man who was stabbed after standing up to a gang abusing a pregnant woman and a pensioner on a bus in east London said he would "do it again".

Tim Smits, 32, was stabbed in the stomach and leg and punched when he went to the aid of the two women on the number 488 bus on Wednesday morning.

The Australian graphic designer said he was "shocked" at being attacked but added: "I don't regret what I did".

Police said three suspects ran off after the attack in Parnell Road.

The victim was attacked on a bus travelling between Dalston and Bromley-by-Bow just before 11:00 BST after remonstrating with two men and a woman, police said.

The suspects, aged between 16 and 20, got off the bus through the emergency exit and ran away.

Mr Smits, who moved to London 18 months ago, said: "They were harassing a few people onboard the bus.

"I sort of drew the line when they decided to start picking on some elderly women with their shopping trolleys.

"I pulled these guys up on their manners and said 'what's going on... would you speak to your grandmother like that'.

"The response was 'who you talking to, who you talking to, shut up shut up, I'll spit in your face'."

Mr Smits said he decided to confront them verbally and not to leave his seat but one of the suspects came over and stood over him.

"Then he threatened my life and I said 'really? in front of all those witnesses on the bus in the broad daylight you want to do that with witnesses'.

"That's when he really scared me by saying 'I don't care - I'll mess you up in front of all these people'."

Mr Smits said he was hit in the head several times before he managed to pin his attacker's arms for a few seconds.

He said the attacker's friend grabbed him from behind and he was stabbed in the stomach and then his leg.

Mr Smits, who is now recovering at home, said he wished the bus driver "had done more".

He said his family was "incredibly proud" of him.

"I don't regret what I did. I would do it again definitely," he added.

Police said the first suspect was a black man, about 6ft (1.83m) tall, skinny and had the front of his hair sticking up and the back in plaits.

The second male suspect was white, about 5ft 10in (1.78m) tall, stocky and was wearing a red T-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms and beanie hat.

The woman suspect, who was also white, was about 5ft 3in (1.6m) tall, was wearing white leggings and had dark-brown long curly hair and black rimmed glasses.

link to video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

If they had done their jobs properly and if the political leaders had cared in any way about actually serving the people of Ireland and trying to make life better for all of her citizens, then there'd probably be a lot fewer scumbags in tracksuits and your walk through Dublin or Cork would be a lot safer.

In fairness, assholes are not necessarily created by poverty...just look at D4s!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 george tobin

freind of mine walking home was attacked by two scumbags they tried to take his phone he hit one a punch other one legged it so he took the scummers phone and money!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

But I don't think the stocks or other forms of public humiliation would be effective punishments as many people wouldn't feel embarrassed enough for it to work.
    I know that if I were a mugger and I were put in the stocks, I'd be more than willing to keep on mugging if that was all I'd get for it.

When people were put in stocks, it wasn't just a case of a few cabbages being thrown at them. They were put at the mercy of the public.

They could have had excrement smeared in their faces and mouths.
    Maybe stripped naked.
    Buggered or raped.
    Mutilated.

The stocks were not a light punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

If anyone is visiting Prague then I'd suggest a visit to the Museum of Torture - I would love to see burglars, muggers, scumbags, etc, being tortured publicly for their actions.

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    In fairness, assholes are not necessarily created by poverty...just look at D4s!

D4 heads aren't inclined to insert a screwdriver into someone's face for no apparent reason.

Scummers are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

D4 heads aren't inclined to insert a screwdriver into someone's face for no apparent reason.

Scummers are.

Just you wait. Someone will post a link to a single solitary news story that "proves" that they will.

That'll show you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Just you wait. Someone will post a link to a single solitary news story that "proves" that they will.

That'll show you.
    And sure what if they do? Society made them do it. We're to blame - they are the real victims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sparkey1

u seem to implying implying that the scumbag was a dub ?????? can u confirm this ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

fontanalis wrote: »
    Someone had a story here before about the scumfest known as Oxegen. Scummers were jumping on tents to destroy them, someone put a brick in theirs and the scummer jumped on it.
    Stories about scummers doing scummy stuff are annoying and depressing, any good revenge stories would be most welcome.

next time buy a bear trap from e-bay and put that in the tent when you leave it and see what happens when they jump on it :D

bear-trap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

When people were put in stocks, it wasn't just a case of a few cabbages being thrown at them. They were put at the mercy of the public.

They could have had excrement smeared in their faces and mouths.
    Maybe stripped naked.
    Buggered or raped.
    Mutilated.

The stocks were not a light punishment.

This man is an habitual criminal therefore I must anally rape him. I'm not going to enjoy it but he must be taught a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wattle wrote: »
    This man is an habitual criminal therefore I must anally rape him. I'm not going to enjoy it but he must be taught a lesson.

Upstanding citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

The_Thing wrote: »
    If anyone is visiting Prague then I'd suggest a visit to the Museum of Torture - I would love to see burglars, muggers, scumbags, etc, being tortured publicly for their actions.

Woah. Do you seriously think that's the answer? I'm not a fan of scumbags, but torture?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some little Sh1t shot me in the head with some sort of an air rifle device. He was positioned at a top floor window of his house and made the attack as I innocently walked by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Some little Sh1t shot me in the head with some sort of an air rifle device. He was positioned at a top floor window of his house and made the attack as I innocently walked by.
    That was you :eek: you looked liked you deserved it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My mother and father's house was broken into today (in broad daylight), wouldn't you love to catch one of these fcuking scumbags in the act. I'd do time for them with the amount of time I'd spend on their face with a baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Woah. Do you seriously think that's the answer? I'm not a fan of scumbags, but torture?! :eek:

Their actions are a form of torture, criminals have not an ounce of respect for their victims so why should we have any for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

And sure what if they do? Society made them do it. We're to blame - they are the real victims.

The steamroller of right wing public opinion rolls on in this country - anyone who thinks otherwise, get out of the way! I think god left out the vital ingredient of empathy when they created some who have posted in this topic so far.

Smug cnuts.

• Advertisement

Domo230 wrote: »
    We live in a time that rewards psychopaths.

Currently it is believed 1 in a 100 people are psychos and since we live in built up areas with massive populations, these humans (although I use the word loosely) are able to cause havoc free from the previous problems they would have faced where due to it being a small village everyone would know them and where they live.

The day they find a cure for psycopathy is the day humanity will get a lot better. For now though psychos have the good life. This is a time where a lack of empathy has been shown to be corrolated with financial income, success and with the amount of women you have slept with. I am unsure if psycopathy is hereditary but I sure hope it is not as they are currently breeding at a fast rate.

Just because you show psychopathic tendancies, doesn't mean you're going to be an "After Hours 'Scumbag'" - It has to be put into it's own bracket because I've never witnessed such generalisations in my life. Yes, we're talking about people who stab people in this thread, but....christ, how many times has this forum used this term to describe a large spectrum of people in Irish society? It really does make me feel sad that a lot of people in this country still make these generalisations based on the stereotype rather than the specific person involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Da_Doc

The steamroller of right wing public opinion rolls on in this country - anyone who thinks otherwise, get out of the way! I think god left out the vital ingredient of empathy when they created some who have posted in this topic so far.

Smug cnuts.

I feel empathy, but not for the scumbags who attack innocent people going about their business. I can imagine the feelings of fear, helplessness and embarassment of those who are the victims of unprovoked attacks. From reading the posts that have gone before I would imagine most of the previous posters can too therefore by definition they are not lacking in empathy. I think you have just chosen the wrong side to empathise with.

What?? That people who cause crime are more likely to have psychopathic tendancies :confused:

Cause it's true you know.

You Sir are drunk! Sit down, wake up tomorrow and read a little about the topic before you come back to me apologising.

Generalisation at it's best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What?? That people who cause crime are more likely to have psychopathic tendancies :confused:

Cause it's true you know.

The flaw is scumbags, and criminals, are more likely to grow up in impoverished areas. Sociopaths are equally dispersed amongst the population.

Sociopaths obviously do make good criminals and scumbags (and I'd suggest a high percentage of infamous gang leaders are sociopathic) but so do non-sociopaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Da_Doc

Just because you show psychopathic tendancies, doesn't mean you're going to be an "After Hours 'Scumbag'" - It has to be put into it's own bracket because I've never witnessed such generalisations in my life. Yes, we're talking about people who stab people in this thread, but....christ, how many times has this forum used this term to describe a large spectrum of people in Irish society? It really does make me feel sad that a lot of people in this country still make these generalisations based on the stereotype rather than the specific person involved.

The specific cases that are being discussed here are related to people who have attacked others without provocation. I never realised that they were a seperate group of people with their own distinct culture. Surely we must not stamp all over their god given right to attack innocent people in the street.

Da_Doc wrote: »
    I feel empathy, but not for the scumbags who attack innocent people going about their business.

Your empathy chip isn't working correctly for you. I recommend deleting your System32 folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Smug cnuts.

Well if failing to excuse wealthy people who act like scumbags makes me a smug cnut, then I'm guilty as charged. But I'd like to think that any normal person thinks it's unacceptable for the wealthy to act like scumbags? :confused:

Unless of course you didn't read my post correctly and thought I was referring to the underclass scumbags...in which case this must be rather embarrassing for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How come townies don't wear baseball caps anymore?! Were as common as hoods today, indeed hoods were as rare as the bball cap is today. They really do adhere to what they see in the moment I guess, hipsters

Da_Doc wrote: »
    The specific cases that are being discussed here are related to people who have attacked others without provocation. I never realised that they were a seperate group of people with their own distinct culture. Surely we must not stamp all over their god given right to attack innocent people in the street.

I instantly apologise seeing as this term is waived about in After Hours like a fag at a dole queue.

Can you not open your mind just a crack to see how incorrect this term is regularly being used in this forum on a daily basis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

LH Pathe wrote: »
    How come townies don't wear baseball caps anymore?!

What the hell is a townie?

Advertisement