Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate scumbags...

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

4leto wrote: »
    I hear you, but I don't agree about the kip. It truly is a great city. You are always near a park or a beach, it has everything yet it is small. But these scumbags do destroy it. They create a fear, a tension and a disruption that just shouldn't be there.

I was listening to a radio programme about the same subject of this thread, and they had the usual D4 Trinity graduates (or where ever) defending them and making excuses.

I found myself nearly screaming at the radio, "then you, move in beside them, move into "one of the areas" bring your nice car, bike and smart phone and see how you feel a month from now. He will find 99% of the people in that area are sound, but that tiny but very vocal element will just...........
    To these types they are all misunderstood, until they get robbed and beaten that is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

I've always hated them, I must work on that though, try to see life from their perspective.
    In any society and especially a increasingly secular one where morality is more of a personal standard that we choose to keep, the deal is, you don't have to love your neighbour but just leave him alone to do his business. If you want to help him or be a friend, fair enough. Anyone who preys on, attacks or otherwise harms decent citizens should have to answer for it.

Secondly, the poverty of these people is moral poverty proved by the fact that some people in worse economic circumstances behave much better.

Why I hate scumbags is because the pure decency of the majority of people in this country is one of the main reasons why I love it and to see them attacked sickens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

What does make them

I have lived in other places even LA and they just don't seem to have the same level and amount of them as we do.

It seems to me that this is an Irish and British problem, that social irresponsibility, that are a scumbags lot.

What does make the little life blighters, I am starting to thing it is the culture of handouts and entitlements. Why work when you have general scummery to supplement your dole and benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

imo we need corporal punishment to deal with scum like this, eye for an eye and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

What does make them

I have lived in other places even LA and they just don't seem to have the same level and amount of them as we do.

It seems to me that this is an Irish and British problem, that social irresponsibility, that are a scumbags lot.

What does make the little life blighters, I am starting to thing it is the culture of handouts and entitlements. Why work when you have general scummery to supplement your dole and benefits.
    you didnt visit south central then did you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

you didnt visit south central then did you?

I did actually.

But it seems to be contained or confined in those areas, wrongly I will add, the cause of their problems is drugs, poverty, lack of social mobility and many more.

But away from those areas I felt safe in LA. Take Venice Beach 1000s of people there each day, all types of people, there are police, but no trouble or tension, nothing like the levels you need here for paddys day etc.

But I take your point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Rawhead wrote: »
    Find out where he lives. Get a few buddies and a sheet of paper. Then call round and hold his mother in the kitchen while waving said piece of paper telling her its a warrant while ye knock the sh1te out him with batons. It will help if you are dressed as some sort of authority figures.

sounds like training day where they were holding the paper saying they have a warrant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

vigilante justice i say!
    de-ball any young scummer if the opportunity presents itself-they should be sterilised on their first offence
    prisons are like hotels anyway for the whole 2 weeks they get sent there.
    if someone gets caught fighting back they're in the wrong(so dont get caught;))
    these hoors get a slap on the wrist for awful things and yet the powers that be will throw you into court for no tv licence....stupid country

too many feckin do-gooders in ireland-they should shut the hell up and go count their money or play golf and keep their big snouts out of things they know nothing about.
    why are we still livin here? *packs suitcase*

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

As the op I feel in some way responsible for some of the unfortunate debate on this thread. I gather from some of the so called right-wing comments that the posters are following their very basic instincts in saying that these low life's should be tortured, de-balled, put in stocks etc and that this is based on empathy with, or sympathy for, the victims.

I have actually found those posts very comforting in a funny sort of way. Deep down, I would not like to see anyone follow through on these ideas, of course, but it's been therapeutic to read the posts nonetheless. Given that this is AH, I'm assuming we're all big boys and girls and are not all that easily influenced into such behaviour.

What surprises me is that a few posters have taken these ideas seriously, and decided to go off on tangents that in my view are not relevant to this thread.

Can we not use the term scumbag without such accusatory responses? Let me ask this; what term should we use to describe someone who stabs, punches, kicks, or otherwise assaults innocent and vulnerable victims into a+e or worse? I think scumbag in an acceptable term, but I'd settle for an alternative e.g. Scrote, scoby, lowlife, Cnut, toe rag...

My point is that while I do care about indivuals who are victims of society, I still believe they are accountable for their actions. It's not to say that I don't have sympathy, but in the case of my friend, we have no way of knowing who did it because they ran off, or why they were so aggressive...could be drugs, could be psychopathic issues, could be that he mistook him for someone else...my overriding sense is that it was a scumbag and I don't know enough to care if I'm wrong. My mate is doing well, although he's putting a brave face on it and would not admit to being a bit rattled by the events of last Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I await the day when a sterilisation drug is made in soluble form, so that when scummers are picked up by the cops they can say, jaysus lads ye look thirsty, have a drink.

Problem solved within a generation.

Save a mint on children's allowance too...

It goes beyond that. The amount of phones/ wallets not stolen. Cars left alone. Kids not bullied. Less kids growing up in houses with piece of sh*t parents.

We could reduce police numbers. Prisons empty (perhaps start transferring elderly here from homes, be better cared for in prison). List is endless.

One thing they have given us is the Ubercool style of tucking tracksuit bottoms into socks. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

I hear you, but I don't agree about the kip. It truly is a great city. You are always near a park or a beach, it has everything yet it is small. But these scumbags do destroy it. They create a fear, a tension and a disruption that just shouldn't be there.

Yes but the parks and beaches are full of knackers. Was walking with my friend and her dog through the dunes at Dollymount, when suddenly a Buckfast bottle comes flying at us. I think they were aiming for the dog (which I am not condoning) but it smashe on my friends leg and she needed 20 stitches. Oh and they were far from kids 3 blokes aged I guess between 25- 30. They just rolled around laughing,.

I moved to Dublin from Cork when I was 21 and I suppose I accepted the scumbags as part of the adventure that was Dublin. I am now 32 and I really find I'm sick of not being able to walk down the street without a smoke being demanded from me and then getting a torrent of abuse if I refuse.
    Time to go I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭s20101938

The next time some skanger hassles me on O'Connell Bridge I'm going to pick him up and throw him in the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Mazeire wrote: »
    Time to go I think.

I'd recommend it. You seem to reach an age where you just want out of Dublin. Left two years ago, have never looked back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

I thought this was a great story of revenge against the scumbags. Two joyriders seriously injured gardai. One of the joyriders was injured himself and was brought into hospital roaring and shouting for painkillers. The nurse who was looking after him had family members who were guards.Anyway she replaced the painkiller injection with ordinary saline and gave him that. He was roaring and shouting that the painkiller injection was no good but they didnt give him any more because he had been "given" the maximum dose allowed.You wouldnt want to be in hospital if you have injured a guard seeing how many Irish nurses seem to be related/dating/married to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

markesmith wrote: »
    I'd recommend it. You seem to reach an age where you just want out of Dublin. Left two years ago, have never looked back :)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

herosa wrote: »
    I thought this was a great story of revenge against the scumbags. Two joyriders seriously injured gardai. One of the joyriders was injured himself and was brought into hospital roaring and shouting for painkillers. The nurse who was looking after him had family members who were guards.Anyway she replaced the painkiller injection with ordinary saline and gave him that. He was roaring and shouting that the painkiller injection was no good but they didnt give him any more because he had been "given" the maximum dose allowed.You wouldnt want to be in hospital if you have injured a guard seeing how many Irish nurses seem to be related/dating/married to them.

now if the scumbags had injured an civilian and not a garda, you can be damn sure that that nurse would not have done that ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

davoxx wrote: »
    now if the scumbags had injured an civilian and not a garda, you can be damn sure that that nurse would not have done that ...

The Guards are like a cartel that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

herosa wrote: »

That nurse is a ****ing spanner.

Advertisement