Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help please!!!

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

i have started up a new business called take-off advertising we offer flyer printing and distribution. i just dont know how to start we have a facebook and twitter page and our own website. im just hving the problem of how to approach customers should i make brochures and go door to door or what. please give me advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

i have started up a new business called take-off advertising we offer flyer printing and distribution. i just dont know how to start we have a facebook and twitter page and our own website. im just hving the problem of how to approach customers should i make brochures and go door to door or what. please give me advice :)

Few Ideas:

1. Join a chamber of commerce - though find out first if they can give you a list of other members who you can then contact with an flyer style email advert of the services and offers you have.
    2. Print up a number of flyers and hand them around to local businesses with the same flyer - give prices if you can because there is nothing more annoying then not having an idea of what prices to expect.
    3. Always try and do your customers a deal or at least try and make it look like they are getting a deal.
    4. Make sure you twitter and facebook account is linked to your site and visa versa.
    5. Look at all free types of websites that allow you to list your business and do so.
    6. If you have a local newspaper where you can take out service section adverts - We have found this extremely helpful for our business.

I have a business myself and when i was looking to get a good few things done i have shopped around so make sure you know what your competitors prices are. Also be extremely helpful and accommodating, the amount of times i have needed something done by a certain date with not much time to spare has happened many times and the second printing company i used was very accommodating and as a result everything else i have to do I get with them simply because they are so helpful and i know they are not trying to rip me off. Often throwing in an extra 100 flyers for me really does make me go back to them because i know there was no need but very much appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Use your facebook account to do 'Deals of The day' for people who sign up to you. A REALLY good idea by a butcher near here is to text people once a week with time limited specials. It keeps you in potential clients minds for the time when they do need your service.

Good luck with the business.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

some of those ideas are very good. the thing is i am 15 and this was started as a TY mini company so i dont know who oir what orgainisations i can approach .

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Brilliant!

Well done for getting something off to a start at your age. That's the attitude we need in Ireland. Just an idea but why not approach your own school to see if there is something coming up you can advertise.

Maybe a bingo night, sports day ...?

You could do it on a non-profit basis so you get the experience and learn what can go wrong and the school cuts costs and gets the info out there.

Well done again.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭thebrendanr1

thanks J
    thats a brilliant idea thanks for that any more of those ideas are welcome
    thanks again
    brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

thanks J
    thats a brilliant idea thanks for that any more of those ideas are welcome
    thanks again
    brendan

Community groups, football clubs, senior citizens, church groups, voluntary organisations (Red Cross, Carers Association, Community Cancer Support Group, etc?)

Community groups, etc often like using "independent" providers like yourself as sometimes the bigger companies are a little inflexible (e.g. require items to be submitted in certain formats, or have minimum order requirements).

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

great to see someone so young with such a great attitude and get up about business keep up the great work. like others have said try football clubs or see if there is a local market on that would like flyers delivered. Offer businesses a free leaflet drop so although you wont get paid u will get great experience and build up a great name for yourself and the next time they need stuff done they will ring you. All the pizza companies get there menus delivered on a regular basis it might be worth asking your local pizza company and explain you will do the first drop for free so they can see you are committed and genuine. Look at the companies that are sending leaflets through ur own door.

Pizza companies
    Chinese
    Hardware stores
    football clubs
    New businesses in town

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Hi mate, do you print your own stuff? If you ever need help to get stuff printed give me shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UBd

Well done lad! why not get other ty businesses to use your flyer printing and distributing services. Maybe offer them a reduced rate for 75% of the flyer and use the other 25% to advertise your own business. try and get talking to other schools ty classes and then offer them the chance to sell their stuff to your class.

make a flyer advertising your own business and distribute 1 to every business, no matter how big or small, in your locality.

good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Well done and good luck.

what software and printer do you use?

where are you located?

what areas can you deliver to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement