Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal transfer to New Media + English

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'm a first year undergrad trying to get an internal transfer to New Media + English. If the transfer goes through, I'll be almost 2 months behind.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's difficult to make up the time, because from what I can tell, I'm expected to teach myself anything that has already been covered while simultaneously staying on top of my current work.

Has anyone done an internal transfer and how was the transition?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'm a first year undergrad trying to get an internal transfer to New Media + English. If the transfer goes through, I'll be almost 2 months behind.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's difficult to make up the time, because from what I can tell, I'm expected to teach myself anything that has already been covered while simultaneously staying on top of my current work.

Has anyone done an internal transfer and how was the transition?

Hi back in 2009 I transferred from computer systems into applied phyics I was almost 2 months behind and there wasnt a chance of me being able to catch up as well as do my current work and i didnt want to fail an exam at christmas because id have to repeat it even if i was switching course again, so I ended up having to drop out and go back to do the original course i wanted. now physics is very practical and maths based which means it was hard to pick up on my own, with something like new media and english id imagine a lot of it is reading? you may be ok its all down to how hard are you going to work and it will be hard. when you get the internal transfer form signed by the course head of new media they would probably advise you to start attending lectures straight away so that means you would only have missed the frist month (but remember you wont be on sulis or receive e-mails from lecturers until it goes through at the end of october i think but at least you would have been at the lectures and can get the stuff off other people) call into the education officer as soon as you can and speak with her. best of luck with it!

Advertisement