Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning starter equipment?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've done woodturning for 2 years, and I'm looking to buy my own lathe. I'm only 17, so as you can imagine I don't have much money to spend on a lathe, but I also don't want one that will need to be replaced this time next year :/ I'm looking for some help with choosing a first lathe, something good but preferably not higher than €300 as I still need to buy accessories, which brings me on to my next point. I'd like to know what equipment would be necessary to buy with it? The lathe I was thinking of buying is this one from axeminster :)

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-axminster-awvsl1000-woodturning-lathe-prod780615/

I was also wondering if it would be ok to keep the lathe in a corner of the shed I have, it's a big shed so I'd only be using a corner of it for my stuff, but I don't have enough money go spending on a filter as well, so would a mask be alright to wear with it, and I could keep the door open?
    Any help will be much appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try asking in our Woodcraft forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement