Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD or NUIG...acting???

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I really want to get into acting and UCD is the ideal place. I was planning to study English with drama. Also I have heard UCD have a drama society which is supposed to be amazing and provides a real springboard for aspiring actors. Also,pointwise I'd probably with a lot of work be able to get the points required for the course.

NUIG in Galway however is closer to home. I live about an hour away from the city. I know you can do an Arts degree with Theatre & Performance as one of the subjects but I'm sure if it would be as good as the course UCD offers.

I have got realtives living up to Dublin so it's not like I wouldn't know the place but Galway is a lot closer to where my parents live and I could commute easily.

I'm only in TY so I know it's probably crazy of me to be thinking so far ahead :P

So... UCD or Galway? :) (Oh,I am also interested in journalism,which is why I would be taking the English with drama if I was go to UCD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

anybody? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well it completely depends on you, one is not "better" than the other. Speak to people that have completed the courses, look at the areas people went into afterwards, visit both colleges etc. Then make a personal decision based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

UCD Drama Soc is by far the most active Soc in the college. They have something every day of the week. I'm not a member or anything, but they are always advertising and a good few friends were / are members, and they are constantly on the go.

What I would say though is it would be a part time, on the side type of thing. UCD and NUIG are neither preforming arts or drama colleges, so you'd want to keep that in mind. You won't get course credit for any activity outside your course work. If you really want to get into the acting game, you might want to consider other options including the UK. With acting, you really have to be serious or it can be a very long road.

Advertisement